Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already in my config... but won't work... with new clover revisions
hmm, interesting. that's exactly how I have it. and I have no freeze or any crash opening and working with Final Cut.

hmm, interesting. that's exactly how I have it. and I have no freeze or any crash opening and working with Final Cut.
Yeap , only r3949 and no one ...it's
my braincrusher

Attachments

• r3949.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 212
Amazing! What do you mean by "almost" out of the box? Do you require Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts?

It can be used with or without lilu and green kexts and no igpu in High Sierra. Also, when I posted it originally it was in the beta 3 version after the latest update I have sound. The name is AMD RX xxx which is similar to Polaris cards.

1). Name= RX xxx

2). Drivers are still under development, I've sent a few crash reports for Unigine Heaven benchmark as it crashes in extreme mode. There is also a strange issue with multi monitor in Uningine benchs, see pics. Horizontal lines of corrupted image across screen when selecting anti-aliasing or multi screen simulation. If you select single screen it works flawlessly. I never had the issue with Polaris during testing in Sierra betas, it would just crash.

Distorted Valley pic.png

Valley bench single screen 2.png

I also believe the drivers may be for the liquid cooled variant, look at the Luxmark bench. It shows 1630MHz, my card is rated to 1547MHz for the air cooled version. The liquid cooled version runs at 1630 for boost clock. It spun the fan real hard and the tachometer was pegged most of the time during the bench. the score is lower than I expected for this card but with driver improvements it should get better. Thanks to "AutoWattMan" as soon as the bench was over the card fans slowed and temps dropped real fast. I bought. the 2 year protection plan so I can burn this puppy up with testing but I want it to last until supplies become more available to replace it if needed.

Vega 64 Luxmark.png

Last edited:
It can be used with or without lilu and green kexts and no igpu in High Sierra. Also, when I posted it originally it was in the beta 3 version after the latest update I have sound. The name is AMD RX xxx which is similar to Polaris cards.

1). Name= RX xxx

2). Drivers are still under development, I've sent a few crash reports for Unigine Heaven benchmark as it crashes in extreme mode. There is also a strange issue with multi monitor in Uningine benchs, see pics. Horizontal lines of corrupted image across screen when selecting anti-aliasing or multi screen simulation. If you select single screen it works flawlessly. I never had the issue with Polaris during testing in Sierra betas, it would just crash.

I also believe the drivers may be for the liquid cooled variant, look at the Luxmark bench. It shows 1630MHz, my card is rated to 1547MHz for the air cooled version. The liquid cooled version runs at 1630 for boost clock. It spun the fan real hard and the tachometer was pegged most of the time during the bench. the score is lower than I expected for this card but with driver improvements it should get better. Thanks to "AutoWattMan" as soon as the bench was over the card fans slowed and temps dropped real fast. I bought. the 2 year protection plan so I can burn this puppy up with testing but I want it to last until supplies become more available to replace it if needed.

Thanks for all your input! I'm really interested in getting one of these cards, I've heard AMD is currently performing better than NVIDIA in Adobe apps, apparently because of crappy drivers for Pascal. Here's a video review about this subject:

Like you said, I hope AMD and Apple continue to develop this drivers, since it seems NVIDIA isn't changing anything other than OS Build number to their drivers, they are only updating them when a new security update or OS version update comes up. Luckily I have time to wait for further development, since there will be a while before Vega arrives to South America :D

Hey folks, finally some coders did it! We have FULL working AMD RX card without the need of any helper card (iGPU included):

there is a new version of LILU kext (v1.1.6) availlable and a new PlugIn for it: WhateverGreen (v1.0)
With them you will be able to disable iGPU completely and CSM disabled in BIOS and you will still get this after verbose booting:

system_profiler.png

and within HIGHSIERRA you will also get full 8-channel AUDIO-via-HDMI:
soundcontrol.png

under HIGH SIERRA you will have to use "-radbeta" as bootargument. HDMI-AUDIO only with ORINOCO Framebuffer.
@Mork_vom_Ork Thank you for this information. I am using the bootargument it's working great. Is there a way to control the volume. I searched and saw some older posts about soundflower, but I couldn't get it to work. Thanks for any info, johnm

Got it worked out for displayport volume. Read James' comment post about 4th from the bottom on -- http://www.mattmontag.com/music/enable-mac-volume-control-for-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-devices It's 2-channel but works!

Last edited:
Well, well, well…
So, today arrived ordered Gigabyte Amd vega 64.
And I was a little surprised that the order ‘beauty beast’ arrived so fast here in Finland.
Only took seven days from the order!
Anyway, installed and fired up PC, and Boooom there it was! High Sierra with zero problems! (except some small screen vibrations)
I have to say that it was the first time with no problems during installation with new hardware!
No kext modification etc..
As gigamax mentions previous post HS Vega drivers is not quite there yet!
Waiting for GM release!

My 'old' Fury was working nice at 10.12.6. But never worked at High Sierra, even they putted AMD4000 and AMD 4100 kext to the latest 10.3.beta7.
Tried kext patch all of these and even mod AMD9300Controller, AMD9000Conroller kext no go!
So nice look further on how it goes with HS!
Cool!
ps.Amd Fury LuxMark benchmark was somewhere in near 18200 points!
Vega use FB: Baladi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 21.04.49.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 21.04.49.png
    417.4 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back