Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Where did you place the kexts?
System/Library/Extensions and in Clover kext folders.

Should i also use those CPU IDs for a Skylake i7? Never heard before of that.
No, for Skylake it's not needed but the installer is detecting more than the normal items of the complete install.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
Android
System/Library/Extensions and in Clover kext folders.
Thanks!

I will put the kext in both the locations tonight. I only put them in the Clover kext folder before. Maybe that was causing the freezing?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K@4.7
Graphics
Sapphire RX480 Nitro 8gb +VEGA 56
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
without igpu fake id no hardware acceleration (in FCPX or...)?
yes without you wont hardware acceleration in fcpx or safari for example while watching youtube videos. you can confirm it working by VDADecoderCheckerSierra. Why do you need to have this acceleration? it will help the cpu itself to outsource some pf the decodings to igpu.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K@4.7
Graphics
Sapphire RX480 Nitro 8gb +VEGA 56
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
That's where I put the kexts. I am going to try /System/Library/Extensions tonight. I didn't have time last night.
Yes maybe you should try that as well. but I simply have only in one place and it works.

Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm having quite the interesting issue on HS 10.13 PB3 - Fresh install in APFS with identical setup and minor changes to config.plist in different version of Clover (4128 on HS vs. 4035 on Sierra) will only boot with RX 480 to one screen. My completely working installation on 10.12.6 loads both screens no problem. IORegistryExplorer shows both connections in Sierra and only one in High Sierra using the same framebuffer (Dayman, the default I guess) but on different connectors. I'm using skylake with iMac17,1 SMBIOS with Lilu, WhateverGreen, and IntelGraphicsFixup for video output. Has anyone else run into this issue or would know how to troubleshoot it?

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-Designare
CPU
Core i7-6700k
Graphics
AMD FirePro W9000 + Radeon 7970
I'm encountering some weird glitching that happens during video playback ... relatively repeatable on certain youtube videos and causes horizontal lines to glitch across parts of the screen. Stops immediately if I stop video playback. Oddly I never encountered this prior to the WhateverGreen fix so I suspect it is related. If I enable h264 acceleration via intel video, the problem almost goes away entirely, but then final cut starts crashing again. Luckily Skylake processor alone is capable of playing back nearly any video without acceleration, so I guess I won't worry about it too much right now.
Some combination of flags in AMD7000Controller.kext may have fixed my video playback glitching issues.

I simply copied over some of the CFG and PP flags that were set in the MacPro framebuffers (Kani,Ikura,Maguro ... I used Kani) into the defaults section. This included:

CFG_USE_READ_VALIDATION
PP_MediumStateDownHysteresisTimeOut
PP_SISLANDSMediumStateHysteresisDown

I also set PP_DisablePowerContainment to 1.

Remember, I'm using a FirePro W9000 and Radeon 7970, both of which are close if not identical to the D700 in a MacPro 6,1.

Not sure which of these was the magic bullet yet.

It's also important to note that it seems getting the multi stream cables in the right order relative to the ports on the card is important. If a display glitches often or fails to initialize properly when resuming from sleep, swapping the cable order seems to help.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
I'm having quite the interesting issue on HS 10.13 PB3 - Fresh install in APFS with identical setup and minor changes to config.plist in different version of Clover (4128 on HS vs. 4035 on Sierra) will only boot with RX 480 to one screen. My completely working installation on 10.12.6 loads both screens no problem. IORegistryExplorer shows both connections in Sierra and only one in High Sierra using the same framebuffer (Dayman, the default I guess) but on different connectors. I'm using skylake with iMac17,1 SMBIOS with Lilu, WhateverGreen, and IntelGraphicsFixup for video output. Has anyone else run into this issue or would know how to troubleshoot it?
For HS try Framebuffer Orinoco? Mork mentioned it earlier and I've used it to get full audio in High Sierra, the multiple screen issue may be HS related. I heard it worked in HS pb2 but not in pb3.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes maybe you should try that as well. but I simply have only in one place and it works.
In the Clover folder?

Do I have to enter an IGPU Fake ID even though the IGPU is disabled to the hardware acceleration to work??

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2H
CPU
i5 3330
Graphics
XFX RX 480 8GB
Status
Not open for further replies.