CPU
i7 4790K 4GHz
Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Video Ram
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys I'm having the hardest time getting my graphics to work.
Here are my specs:

Cpu: I7 4790k
MB: Msi z97 gaming 5
Graphics: msi gtx 970

I got everything pretty much working,
Usb, ethernet, audio, etc.

I did follow the new method of enabling web drivers and install the right version driver according to my build under about this mac and clicking on build version. Which is 10.12.1 and my version is 16B2657.
It read CPU, Ram, etc. Just graphics won't initialize.

Every time I run in verbose mode and it get to loading web drivers it restarts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to reinstall yet as I believe it something simple I'm just looking over.

I do run two monitors one dvi and one hdmi that could be a issue because sometimes using only one monitor help. I tried it no dice. I tried some Other fixes that was closely related to my issue and no dicenso I don't know. I see there are a lot of builds similar to mine, how in the world did you get your gtx 970 working?

If all else fallen will go back to do capitain and set it up and just upgrade from mac app store since some people had some good success that way.

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys I'm having the hardest time getting my graphics to work.
Here are my specs:

Cpu: I7 4790k
MB: Msi z97 gaming 5
Graphics: msi gtx 970

I got everything pretty much working,
Usb, ethernet, audio, etc.

I did follow the new method of enabling web drivers and install the right version driver according to my build under about this mac and clicking on build version. Which is 10.12.1 and my version is 16B2657.
It read CPU, Ram, etc. Just graphics won't initialize.

Every time I run in verbose mode and it get to loading web drivers it restarts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to reinstall yet as I believe it something simple I'm just looking over.

I do run two monitors one dvi and one hdmi that could be a issue because sometimes using only one monitor help. I tried it no dice. I tried some Other fixes that was closely related to my issue and no dicenso I don't know. I see there are a lot of builds similar to mine, how in the world did you get your gtx 970 working?

If all else fallen will go back to do capitain and set it up and just upgrade from mac app store since some people had some good success that way.

Thanks for any help.

Install web drivers first (which you have done), then go to your config.plist.
Make sure you have SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb set to true.

Can somebody with similar specs I have upload there DSDT with Graphics Patch or there config.plist for me. I have never had this much trouble getting Mac up and running, for some reason the graphics just won't load. I even tried El Capitain with the old way before the Nvidia Web method still won't work. Could be my hardware or something. I had El Captain installed on her before with no problems and know it just Nope not happening.

My Full Specs Are

CPU: i7 4790K
MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU : MSI Geforce GTX 970 4Gb VRAM

Other Specs:

Corsair H60 Cooler
Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650Watt Gold Certified Power Supply

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anybody have similar specs please let me know how you got the graphics working. I have everything working but that. All it does is restart when the drivers load. Thinking it could be the wrong drivers, but its the drivers for my version according to About This Mac and Clicking on Build Version.

I used WebDriver-367.15.10.15f03.pkg I tried to use the f01 version but it said version not supported. So maybe I have to look at changing the version and tricking it to install, but this version should work.

I just really don't want to deal with DSDT stuff again, I did back when I had a AMD 7950 makes me wish I kept it lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ok Guy, So after trials and tribulation I figured out my issue so according to

Solving Nvidia Drivers & Loading issues and reading post and comment I found that DVI DOESN'T WORK WITH SIERRA AT LEAST FOR ME. Disconnect DVI and load HDMI.

I ONLY HAVE ONE MONITOR BUT I DEAL WITH IT FOR NOW. So hopefully there is a update to fix DVI. This was my issue the whole time. The funny part is I had the same issue with El capitain which DVI and HDMI worked...

Idk I keep trouble shooting and see can I figure It out.

Last edited:
Ok Guy, So after trials and tribulation I figured out my issue so according to

Solving Nvidia Drivers & Loading issues and reading post and comment I found that DVI DOESN'T WORK WITH SIERRA AT LEAST FOR ME. Disconnect DVI and load HDMI.

I ONLY HAVE ONE MONITOR BUT I DEAL WITH IT FOR NOW. So hopefully there is a update to fix DVI. This was my issue the whole time. The funny part is I had the same issue with El capitain which DVI and HDMI worked...

Idk I keep trouble shooting and see can I figure It out.

Ok guys so this is the issue if your having this issue. My issue was I was using VGA to DVI no go. So what I did was use my DVI to HDMI and it worked and on my second monitor I used DVI to DVI. Now for we don't get mixed up its the DVI-D Cable. As long as you have a combination of those with HDMI or DVI-d you should be able to get both monitors working.

SHARE THIS!!!!

VGA is not supported in OS X or macOS. Note keep an eye on the system definition you should be using iMac 14,2 for your system. Attach ioreg [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Thanks, Yeah I did I realized that 14,2 was the best with less issues so that what I did. Also my DVI-d to VGA always worked in previous installations guess macOS Sierra did away with it fully. So now DVI-D to DVI-D or DVI-D to HDMI for me. I will try that mini-display port to to see if it works and get a third monitor.

Thanks Man.

Thanks To Everybody that helped.

Thanks, Yeah I did I realized that 14,2 was the best with less issues so that what I did. Also my DVI-d to VGA always worked in previous installations guess macOS Sierra did away with it fully. So now DVI-D to DVI-D or DVI-D to HDMI for me. I will try that mini-display port to to see if it works and get a third monitor.

Thanks Man.

Thanks To Everybody that helped.

Sierra has problems its not really ready for official release really has bugs. Id recommend iMac 14,2 only because of Powermanagement and dedicated graphics if you were using Intel HD 4600 then id recommend using iMac 14,1. But VGA is a bit finicky in OS X and macOS as no mac uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back