Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

@toleda Solved the problem by loading Macbook Frequency Vectors using CPUFriend, as those that are provided by iMac15.1 keep CPU ~4GHz

Okay, after working on this for six hours straight I don't even know anymore if I'm finished or not. IOReg doesn't show my CPU, however the AppleIntelInfo seems to be fine. Would anyone care to take a look? I used this method my inserting PluginType=1 and I only have one other SSDT - for injecting my USB ports - active. I hope everything that is needed is attached, otherwise let me know. Any help is gladly appreciated.

Attachments

• cpu_pm.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
Oh my bad. This probably has something to do with the CPU PM (?), but my DCPIManager has no Misc tab, so I used bdmesg, if that's fine? Sorry if I'm getting something wrong here, might be a bit tired after all this fixing (or trying to...).

Attachments

• cloverboot.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 73
Hi, can someone help me to understand if my Power Management works properly?

Currently IPG shows this (in IDLE), and everything seems ok (although I do not understand why the frequency never drops close to 1Ghz).
IPG 2019-01-16.png

The problem is that after a few hours of work with programs like Logic Pro X or Cubase the audio skips (it is not a buffer problem) and I have to restart the computer to go back to work normally. If I check IPG, I notice that the frequency (in IDLE) has many more peaks.

A strange thing is that on IOReg I do not see CPU0, CPU1, etc. Why?
Ioreg.png

Currently I use: Generate/PluginType: YES

What did I do wrong? Are drivers missing in the EFI folder?

Configuration:
GB Z370 Ultra Gaming (Bios F10)
i7 8700K @ 4.8
SMBIOS iMac 18.3

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI LT_2019.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 86
  • Bootlog.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Mac Pro Lele.ioreg.zip
    874.9 KB · Views: 51
The problem is that after a few hours of work with programs like Logic Pro X or Cubase the audio skips (it is not a buffer problem) and I have to restart the computer to go back to work normally. If I check IPG, I notice that the frequency (in IDLE) has many more peaks.

A strange thing is that on IOReg I do not see CPU0, CPU1, etc. Why?

Funny. Looks like we are more or less in the same boat, also trying to fix the PM to get rid of audio glitches in my DAW, also no CPUs in ioreg. Still hoping someone can help "us", although it's probably not the exact same situation.

As a first idea, I would suggest that you try the Macmini 8,1 SMBios, see first post (Coffee Lake).

As a first idea, I would suggest that you try the Macmini 8,1 SMBios, see first post (Coffee Lake).
Already tried, but with Macmini 8,1 SMBIOS I'm unable to boot (prohibited symbol).

Hi @toleda

Just wanted to verify that I have working PM on my Hack (Main system listed in Profile).
  1. I'm trying to track down sporadic or non-working sleep issues and have everything else working reasonably well but not sure if I can rule out native Power Management (or other issues not seen).
  2. Currently running macOS 10.14.2, Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K7 MB, BIOS version F8, KabyLake i5-7600k, MSI 4GB RX560. 16GB RAM. iMac18,3.
  3. Procedure/Guide Used: No SSDT.XCPM (Edited Clover config.plist in Xcode to set PluginType=1/Yes).
  4. Copy of IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt, screenshots)
    • Baseline Done
    • PM install Done
  5. Copy of AppleIntelInfo/Terminal: cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat
    • Baseline: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As... Done
    • PM install: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As... Done
  6. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)
    • PM install: Console/File/Save a Copy As... Unable to attach (no "Save a Copy as..." in menu).
  7. Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget
    • Baseline Done
    • PM install Done
  8. Clover (files only, no text pasted to Post)
    • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist Done
    • DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log Unable to attach ("Save" grayed out in menu).
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt (if installed) None.
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt (all) Done (USB 15 Port Limit SSDT file).

Attachments

• Superbogey's AppleIntelInfo Output (After).txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Superbogey's AppleIntelInfo Output (Baseline).txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Superbogey's Baseline.ioreg
    16.7 MB · Views: 65
  • Superbogey's PM.ioreg
    16.7 MB · Views: 70
  • Superbogey's IPG (After).png
    Superbogey's IPG (After).png
    227 KB · Views: 74