Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Already tried, but with Macmini 8,1 SMBIOS I'm unable to boot (prohibited symbol).

Pretty sure though that you have to get that fixed instead. As far as I understand, there's no way of getting a Coffee Lake CPU with native PM if you're not using the Macmini-SMBIOS.

Regarding my own configuration, I think I got one step closer. Can anybody check if PM is working? I injected a different LPC device ID (see SSDT) and at least AppleLPC and X86PlatformPlugin are finally loading. AppleIntelInfo doesn't show too many P-States though. I more or less randomly chose a compatible ID for LPC, I guess that's not the best idea? Should I rather try to find an ID that is being used on a 300 series motherboard - or even a B360M mobo? Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• cpupm_new.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Hello Guys,

After following everything could someone help to understand if this is what I'm looking for?

If not I would like some help so I can understand how this works and what I'm missing so I can learn it and fully understand it

I will log everything on a zip file.

My hardware is

CPU i7 3770K
Ram 16GB 1600 MHZ
MOB: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB DDR5

Thanks again for all the Help

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
If not I would like some help
Post #1/Problem Reporting; not attaching all requested files isn't helpful.
8. Clover, files are missing
Understand, files from different boots are not helpful
Restart, attach new after files (all requested)

Did not run AppleIntelInfo long enough for all P states

Thought I did, but definitely makes sense. Thank you.
No idea why applying an LPC patch fixed it (read before that LPC isn’t used by Coffee Lake), but it most definitely did. I don’t remember making any changes in parallel. Also the AppleLPC.kext now loads, which didn’t occur before, so it should have something to do with that...? Although - I’m certainly not an expert in this field, just guessing - I kinda forced it to load with injecting the ID?

Dear guys,

please somebody explain me the difference between SSDT/PluginType=1 and SSDT/Generate/PluginType=Yes?

There are a lot of mentions of PluginType=1 in the guide, but according to the Clover's config screenshot only SSDT/Generate/PluginType=Yes should be setted.

I'm really confused...

Thank you so much!

Hi, can someone help me to understand if my Power Management works properly?

Currently IPG shows this (in IDLE), and everything seems ok (although I do not understand why the frequency never drops close to 1Ghz).
View attachment 380217

I was always curious why is it like that ? When I use SSDT.aml generated for my CPU with PikerAlpha's script - it idles very well @ 1.6GHz as it should do and as it do in Windows. But this way I have no XCPM mode. When I use XCPM option (no SSDT at all) with plugintype=yes it never idles at lowest frequency, always jumping.... should it be like that ?

Back