Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
any idea when is new unibeast release? i had the boot issue cant boot my usb again.:crazy:

i did that but it say Reboot and Select proper Boot device. cant boot the usb i think i have boot loop issue which i don't know how to fix it any idea cause it works before on my system..@aka80

I think this is the easies installation I have made, I had everything ready in about 40 minutes.

Now I just have to figure how to grow the APFS container so it uses the entire SSD

Worked Like a charm.

Fresh install on my sandbox CustoMac (Sandy Bridge) to play with it. Tony's instructions to create the bootable USB with Clover are right on (Thank you, Tony and Team!). Formatted APFS (that is what I want to test) and restored apps and account from TM. The only 3 seconds "pain" :) was dropping MATS table after each reboot until installed Clover on HDD and modified config.plist ACPI section to do it automatically. Can't find anything out of the ordinary compared to Sierra yet (especially speed wise). Will keep playing with it over the next couple of months until proven to be fully stable, especially from app compatibility perspective, before upgrading the rest of the CustoMacs.

NOTE: I didn't have to put the kexts for Clover in the "Other" folder. As done in the past, I created a new folder 10.13 under the kexts folder and Clover works as expected. That allows me to use the same Clover folder for various macOS versions, if needed w/o overwriting the kexts.
Hey cacamaca, I have the same problem with MATS table, I have modified the config.plist manually and with clover to no avail. Can you post a screenshot of the section on your config.plist to see if did something wrong. Thanks in advance.

You could also use the follow app to create a
aka80 and xenonxen
The command in terminal to create USB instaler: .... your USBDrive must be named: USB
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
High sierra must be downloaded in your pc. then u use the command.

Or you could use "Install Disk Creator" app

Hey cacamaca, I have the same problem with MATS table, I have modified the config.plist manually and with clover to no avail. Can you post a screenshot of the section on your config.plist to see if did something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Hey

Same board here. I had to fix this as well.

I wouldn't manually edit the .plist if you can avoid doing so and if you must, use Xcode.

It's far easier to just make sure you have the latest version of Clover Configurator and using that, mount your efi, open your config.plist with CC.

Once that's open choose ACPI on the left hand side. Then on the main window there's a small window called "Drop Tables". Click the "+" in the bottom right of "Drop tables" and choose MATS, use the top menu of CC to save your config.plist and it's done. No risk of corrupting your config.plist that way.

Been there, done that.

All the best.

Last edited:
You could also use the follow app to create a

Or you could use "Install Disk Creator" app

either way still the same it would not Boot1: error i had this image attach its not showing uefi usb bootable on my system which dont know how to fix it it works for me the sierra before .

Attachments

• IMG_7824.JPG
    IMG_7824.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
aka80 and xenonxen
The command in terminal to create USB instaler: .... your USBDrive must be named: USB
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
High sierra must be downloaded in your pc. then u use the command.

i did that but it say Reboot and Select proper Boot device. cant boot the usb i think i have boot loop issue which i don't know how to fix it any idea cause it works before on my system..@aka80

Hey

Same board here. I had to fix this as well.

I wouldn't manually edit the .plist if you can avoid doing so and if you must, use Xcode.

It's far easier to just make sure you have the latest version of Clover Configurator and using that, mount your efi, open your config.plist with CC.

Once that's open choose ACPI on the left hand side. Then on the main window there's a small window called "Drop Tables". Click the "+" in the bottom right of "Drop tables" and choose MATS, use the top menu of CC to save your config.plist and it's done. No risk of corrupting your config.plist that way.

Been there, done that.

All the best.
Thanks for the reply, right now i'm not near my Hackintosh. But now i remember that did that with Clover Configurator, the problem is that I edited the config.plist that is in the Macintosh HD, you know the one in the folder Macintosh HD>EFI>CLOVER (Or something like that) that is in the same place that Applications, Library, System and Users folders. I did that because apparently Clover Configurator is only mounting a EFI partition that is from the Recovery Disk, and I'm not quite sure why. Anyway I'm going to check this out as soon as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back