Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the occasional spinning beach ball I'm finding things have improved for me speed wise. I also updated VMWare Fusion to version 10 and I've never seen my Windows 10 Bootcamp partition run so nicely. So overall I'm happy and hopefully the next few updates we'll see further improvements.

Yes, I have noticed the occasional beach ball as well, however only in Safari and it seems only on this site :). Not sure if that's a coincidence or it is just me. In any case, I will keep playing.

After install HS, when I boot my video is a mess. I know it load the system because I see the field to enter my password and then I'm sure the home is loaded (one time I was able to see two folders that are in my desktop).

I believe the solution is install nvidia Webdriver but I can see the screen to do it, so I tried some commands to install via terminal (using the Boot Recovery from Recovery HD I can see the screen, don't know why). No success.
I'm using my onboard video, because if I use my VGA the system reboot in apple logo.

(updated directly from El Capitan since I screwed up my Sierra before update and I just have the El Capitan on a USB drive)

Any help?

Attachments

• 2-br5WjW.jpg:large.jpg
    2-br5WjW.jpg:large.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 183
  • ItLrH-4c.jpg:large.jpg
    ItLrH-4c.jpg:large.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 182
  • oPQanri1.jpg:large.jpg
    oPQanri1.jpg:large.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 173
  • VGOy-MaT.jpg:large.jpg
    VGOy-MaT.jpg:large.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 183
  • zPt6Kg6y.jpg:large.jpg
    zPt6Kg6y.jpg:large.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 167
Fresh install successful. Thanks Tonymac!!!!

I had to format the SSD with HS Beta 4. Before that, High Sierra wouldn't see the SSD. After formatting, High Sierra saw the SSD.

iMessage required Pilgrim's guide for iMessage (had to install EmuVariableUefi-64 in Clover).

GA-Z270X-UD5. i7-7700K. Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 2 TB. 64 GB DDR4-2400. Dual Vega Frontier Edition. BCM94360CD WiFi+BT. Sonnet 10 gigabit ethernet. FakeSMC. APFS (no fear, time machine backups).

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.17.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.22.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.19.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.18.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi guys, i need some help.

I am new about Hackintosh, i bougth my pc parts using ur "Buyer's guide" and here my specs:
- i7-7700k
- Corsair H75 watercooling
- Asus Strix Z270G
- Ballistic Sport @2400MHz (16BG)
- Samsung Evo 512GB
- Corsair 650M psu

I'm looking for a fresh installation of MacOS High Sierra, anyone can suggest me a guide or some posts for that?

Thanks in advance!

It is not easy,
google for hackintosh method to create the USB installer, then install Clover Bootloader to the USB drive.
Remember to put the FMCfake.kext into Clover's EFI,
and also the Lilu.kext.
Edit your configplist according to your mobo and VGA card.

Thanks. To be honest I've gone through a lot of reading and YouTube video watching and the tonymac86 admin post was the simplest set of instructions. Worked! No USB boot required, but my SSD has a lot of free space.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

Everyone knows about iTunes crash after macOS High Sierra ?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2017-10-01 às 14.18.45.png
    Captura de Tela 2017-10-01 às 14.18.45.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back