Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Hi
I make upgrade from Mojave , no problem
only sound don't work after update ... I wait for new appleALC

Asus z97a , I3 , gtx670 , samsung 4k screen

No issues on upgrade from Mojave 10.14.6. I removed my 32-bit apps before updating. I updated Clover to r5070, Lilu to 1.3.8, WhateverGreen to 1.3.3 and AppleALC to 1.4.2 prior to the upgrade to Catalina. All systems go AFAIK.
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.27.46 pm.png

Smooth update for me on both my real macbook and hack. Not one issue! :headbang::headbang:

I fixed my issues.
1. Remount root file system on read/write mode.
Bash:
sudo mount -uw /
2. Reinstall drivers with MultiBeast 11(for mojave)
3. Reboot.

Just noticed something, not sure if this has been discussed, but Clover EFI backups have been moved to the "Relocated Items\Security" folder. Will Clover back up to this location moving forward??
good question.. i thought the same thing...

Instead of updating from Mojave, I decided to start from scratch. Took a few reboots and everything is working nicely.
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 1.50.09 AM.png

Ok. I got most things working. Sleep is a little wonky. The main actually only reason why I upgraded was for the sidecar feature. It will recognize my iPad but will not connect to it. Is this likely because I’m using a SMBIOS that is a lot newer than my hardware??

help please!!!

simon1337 do I understand correctly that you have successfully installed Catalina on an "unsupported" MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS? If so, that is very good to hear. I just this morning posted this very question here "Catalina compatibility...Old guard?" . I wonder if you would consider going to that link and adding a little more detail regarding precisely how you accomplished this? I would appreciate anything you might want share on how you accomplished the install at the link.
Hi RandomNumber sure will do. As you can see in my profile, I use a Sandy Bridge Mainboard which is working quite good with this SMBIOS.

Ok guys, I have an update. Since I've had a working backup of Mojave on my internal HDD, I finally caved and did the following:

1. Booted the backup Mojave HDD (created by Carbon Copy Cloner)
2. Wiped clean the NVME drive with the failed Catalina update
3. Created a Catalina Install USB drive
4. Installed a clean Catalina on the NVME main drive
5. Migrated the settings and home folder from my backed-up Mojave HDD to the newly installed Catalina drive

Voila, it worked. I have a working Catalina macOS main drive with working sound, USB, ethernet etc.

Only thing not working is Sidecar
(dont know why), but I can live with that.

What went wrong the first time? Don't know, but I suspect, that it must have been something with the system files / permissions etc., therefore a "migration" was not going to work. Anyway, I'm happy it's okay now and I encourage all of you to update this way. Make a clean Catalina drive and then migrate your old Mojave home folders etc.Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 10.00.59.png

Back