Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

No Issues here either. Update was flawless.
My friend, would you mind sending me your EFI folder? I have the Aorus Wifi Pro z390, only using the i9-9900K for it, vs what you have in your sig. I got it installed but my USB is out of wack and its just issue after issue.

Hi! smooth update here :headbang:
Only patch the USB port limit and update Lilu, whatevergreen and USBInjectAll.

Update from System Preferences->Software Update went smoothly. Initially no sound, but followed a couple other posts here which called for updating kexts in /Library/Extensions and sound is now working. I'm somewhat confused as I thought all my kexts were in EFI/Clover/kext/Other, but I guess not...
catalina.png

Going through a lot of pain to upgrade. I get into a reboot loop if I don't add -disablegfxfirmware.
Once I added it, I am getting a pink screen and no audio...
Try installing clove 5070 both in your USB and your HD. Then re-download the updated FakeSMC.kext and put it in kext folder ( EFI-Clover-Kext) in both USB and hard drive. Now, download the updated whatevergreen and lily and put in just in your hard drive.
After I did this, I was able to finish Catalina instillation full.

try installing clove 5070 both in your usb and your HD. then redownload fakesmc.kext updated and put it in kext folder ( EFI-Clover-Kext) in both usb and drive hard, then download updated whatevergreen and lily and put in just in your hard drive.
after I did this I was able to Finnish catalina instillation full.
Thanks but unfortunately it isn't quite my problem.
My installation completed perfectly fine. The problem is at boot up.
In verbose boot I can see failure of upload of the gfx firmware so bypassing it with the boot option gets me to the desktop. The problem is that with my Monitor and HD630 combination... I get a pink screen. And somehow my ALC1150 also is not getting loaded. I have tried updating clover and updated all the kexts... No change. I think I need an GFX injection as it is currently failed in my boot up. This is with a Gigabyte Z370N.

When looking at the Gfx model I see "Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB" which is likely the reason for my pink screen.

I installed Catalina via USB disk. every step went smoothly. But at last step, I Boot MacOS from my target disk(Catalina), problem occurred. When progress bar ended, Screen only showed a white corner and cursor, After clicked cursor, it disappeared. I don't what the problem is. I attached my pictures and my configuration below:
Configuration:
CPU:Core i7 8700
Graphic card: AMD RX580 8G
Board: Asus Z370G wifi
memory: 4G X 2
Picture:
299693210895079932.jpg
901502589054012667.jpg
732682398666635017.png
778669329476630332.png
373941170937837331.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.3 KB · Views: 96
Uptated and it worked excepted that now I have issues with my Rx 580 and no sound from my motherboard (spdif), i think the kexts are just not loaded now

Before I used 2 screens on the 2 displayport of my gpu, now only hdmi ports are working
Dp ports are still working in clover and during verbose but after that no signal

All my kexts are in the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder, should I move them in Library/Extensions ?
Same exact problem here. RX 580 no DisplayPort output. Any luck yet?

Back