Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another quick and easy update on my daily driver laptop and desktop hacks.
Both systems running Clover 5107 and 3rd party kexts from the acidanthera 3rd August point release.

The usual three reboots and about 28 mins to install on both machines.
No issues during and after the update.

Desktop Haswell system :-
View attachment 484812
HP Spectre X360 Laptop :-
View attachment 484811
Cheers
Jay
can you please share your efi folder i have the same laptop.Thank you

can you please share your efi folder i have the same laptop.

@alimarri47,

See the HP Envey X360 thread for info :-

All the problems with HP Spectre X360 are discussed in that thread.
If you need further help please post either in that thread or create a new one so as to keep this thread on topic.

Cheers
Jay

my "About This Mac" does not show the (19G2021) information but my System Report > Software does show it.

@apple_core,

You need to click on the MacOS Version Number in "About this Mac" in order for the build number to be displayed.
MonkeyBook-Pro-10-15-6SU.png

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Updated my Dell 7020 from Mojave to Catalina 10.15.6 - issue was with sleep and a reset after wake. After using FixIntelGfx in Clover and deleting the HDA-gfx entries in config.plist the system is running fine again. Sleep and everything else (except known issues) are working again. Update took ca 30min.

Still Works on my Old Rig (Sandy Bridge)

But several attempts failed immediately to upgrade to my SDD (Hackintosh HD), previously I already had a backup on another hard drive, I upgraded there and it worked, then I CCC to Hackintosh HD.

Now works fine even only one screen with HDMI (on Sierra dual screen working good on this Rig).

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 06.47.45.png

PS : I never upgraded to Mojave, just upgraded to Catalina from Sierra.

Last edited:
Updated Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update without any problems..

1. Using Clover ver. r5107
2. Did not update Lilu, WhatEverGreen or AppleALC
3. Updated to 10.15.6 (19G2021) from App Store.
4. Choose download and restart option.
5. The 1st restart took 1min , then screen flashed progress bar advanced 1/3 then restarted.
6. the 2nd restart took 3min, then screen flashed progress bar advanced 1/2 then restarted
7. The 3rd boot stated 43min to complete. ( Took about about 10 mins )
8. After 15 - 20 mins the 4th boot stated 10mins to complete. ( Be patient took every min. )
9. Then quickly booted to login screen with no issues.
10. Total process took about 20 minutes.

NOTE: Boots 1,2 and 3 need to boot from the correct disk ( Install/Data ) after each restart.

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 6.07.23 AM.png

Anyone else having issues upgrading from 19G73 to 19G2021?

I have 19G73 working with Bluetooth, Network, etc etc All 100 OK.

Installing the 19G2021 starts, reboots, etc.. But stays on 19G73 with the following /var/logs/install.log entries:

installerdiagwatcher[218]: ------- Install Failed -------
installerdiagwatcher[218]: Operation: OSIUpdateFirmwareElement crashed, Failure Reason: unfinished install
installerdiagwatcher[218]: This was an attempted software update install from 19G73 to 19G2021

I tried using the regular Software update, but the Install Mac OS disk is not showing up. Haven't updated kext or anything, probably have to do it tomorrow to see if it works that way.

I'm still getting some weirdness at the end of the install where it says it failed to update due to something called a "Bless" tool.

@mhjeff,

"Bless" is a MacOS command line tool that flags a drive on a real Mac as bootable and/or as the default boot volume.

When a real Mac powers up the Apple EFI firmware looks for "blessed" drives, in most cases there is only one "blessed" drive so the EFI firmware will boot MacOS directly from it, if more than one "blessed" drive is available then the Apple EFI will offer a menu/selection similar to what Clover or OC does.

More info on the "Bless" command here :-

It's not really an issue if the "Bless" command fails on a Hackintosh system as we dont use the Apple EFI to boot MacOS. On a Hackintosh system we use Clover or OC to emulate the Apple EFI firmware which you can set as the default boot device in a PC's UEFI/BIOS.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back