Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still getting some weirdness at the end of the install where it says it failed to update due to something called a "Bless" tool.

@mhjeff,

"Bless" is a MacOS command line tool that flags a drive on a real Mac as bootable and/or as the default boot volume.

When a real Mac powers up the Apple EFI firmware looks for "blessed" drives, in most cases there is only one "blessed" drive so the EFI firmware will boot MacOS directly from it, if more than one "blessed" drive is available then the Apple EFI will offer a menu/selection similar to what Clover or OC does.

More info on the "Bless" command here :-

It's not really an issue if the "Bless" command fails on a Hackintosh system as we dont use the Apple EFI to boot MacOS. On a Hackintosh system we use Clover or OC to emulate the Apple EFI firmware which you can set as the default boot device in a PC's UEFI/BIOS.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Buttery smooth 10.15.6 SU through System Preferences.
Updated & Backed up Kexts, whole process took 24 minutes.
Reboots to Preboot to start update --- @11 min Reboots to Preboot (rebuild caches, etc) --- @23 min, no reboot, straight to log in.
Manually Rebooted back into Main System Drive. All seems well.
About This 10.15.6.jpghackintool 10.15.6.jpgSystem profiler 10.15.6.jpg

Finally got around to doing the 10.15.6 update from 10.15.5. Downloaded the Update from the Apple site, launched it, saw it was rebooting and then went on with my day. When I came back up to the computer room it was at the login screen but after logging in I saw it was still on 10.15.5. So I sat down and tried again. I noticed on the 2nd reboot I had to manually select the Installer Preboot. Then the process went smoothly went no further manual intervention needed and it is now on 10.15.6. Clover 5019.

update ok, minor glitch after first reboot, screen to install OS, got an error, tried to reboot and install again from the selection, and it was ok.

I just noticed my left side notification is not working ok, cannot switch between weather locations, clocks are frozen !

Last edited:
Worked flawlessly for me app store update from .5 to .6

Major features run smoothly.
Have on minor issue with the Wifi dongle TL-WN823N when I boot the OSX, sometimes it goes on a loop connecting and disconnecting the WIFI until I change the USB where it's plugged in. Once changed, it works no problem, until next restart. I didn't feel that before the update, but maybe I'm missing something.

Update go without problem, little long and slow, but boot ok, My only Warning, Using FCPX, the video play and Rush preview is now realy slow, frame Drope, and all the FCPX look slow, i update my Kext to all new, everything look ok, but FCPX now slow, i use the last update version, My config is : AMD 580, i7 4Ghz, z170 gigabyte, Clover 5119, all Kext uptodate, before the update my FCPX was perfect.

Update go without problem, little long and slow, but boot ok, My only Warning, Using FCPX, the video play and Rush preview is now realy slow, frame Drope, and all the FCPX look slow, i update my Kext to all new, everything look ok, but FCPX now slow, i use the last update version, My config is : AMD 580, i7 4Ghz, z170 gigabyte, Clover 5119, all Kext uptodate, before the update my FCPX was perfect.

I’m experiencing the same, it became very slow. Also it takes me 2-3 tries to start the program as it crashes as soon as it opens. Really annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back