Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated without problems in probably 10 minutes and a couple of reboots.
I have clover 5107 and I didn’t update any kext.
Audio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth usb and graphics card are ok.
First boot with new version seems a little slower then usually

Smooth but slower update from Catalina 10.15.3 all the way in one shot to 10.15.6 + on Z370A build. Upgraded EFI folder using MultiBeast 12.3 and added (attached) SSDT-EC.aml to ACPI/Patched folder

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 89
Last edited:
I ran into a problem that I've had once before, but only with Catalina updates.

After downloading the .dmg, I updated Lilu 1.4.6, WhateverGreen 1.4.1, AppleALC 1.5.1, and VirtualSMC 1.1.5 to Kexts\Other.

Using Clover 5120, I twice received the error “The installer is missing resources.” Replaced the new kexts with the previous ones, but received the same error. This morning I booted without clicking the “install Catalina” icon in Clover, and the install competed. Reinstalled current kexts followed by another successful boot. Audio, sleep and USB3 working.

View attachment 484225
Well, that was fun. Unlike any update recently, I couldn't use Software Update in System Preferences or the stand-alone Supplemental Update or Combo installers to update from 10.15.6. It seemed to install, but without the expected "Install macOS on yourdisk - Data" option in Clover menu (5119). One way or another, I also proved the value of my clone, to erase the disk and restore after the failed updates made it run like molasses. Clearly, something was missing, or recent hardware, software or UEFI changes affected the update. So I used the procedure #4 here to make a new USB installer, or you can use the latest UniBeast as well. I downloaded the full 10.15.6 Installer from Apple. As of an hour ago it appears the full installer does not have the Supplemental Update included, but I "upgraded" the system to a clean 10.15.6. Then Software Update in System Preferences worked as it should for the update, showing the Install macOS on Disk - Data volume and going through the necessary restarts.
After five times trying to install the update and also changing some configs on Clover, I was able to install the macOs update 10.15.6. Don't ask me what I did because I played around with a lot of options. Including, I downgraded Clover, and so on. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Suddenly, after I reinstall last Clover version and cleared NVRAM with PF11 on Clover (was this?!?!), it worked!!! However I feel pretty scary with this situation. What will going to happen on the next macOs version?

25ish mins. 2 reboots and update completed successfully.

Yet another quick and easy update on my daily driver laptop and desktop hacks.
Both systems running Clover 5107 and 3rd party kexts from the acidanthera 3rd August point release.

The usual three reboots and about 28 mins to install on both machines.
No issues during and after the update.

Desktop Haswell system :-
MonkeyMac-Pro-10-15-6SU.png
HP Spectre X360 Laptop :-
MonkeyBook-Pro-10-15-6SU.png
Cheers
Jay

I went from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6 (with supplemental update rolled in). Steps below in case anyone runs into same issues as me.

I tried updating Clover from 5118 to 5120, as well as updating Lilu, VirtualSMC, WEG, and AppleALC. Got weird graphical glitch at boot after upgrade and the OS would not load.

Rolled back my EFI (Clover 5118) from backup and tried updating to 5119, along with aforementioned kexts. No dice.

Rolled back again and this time just updated kexts. Good to go.

Ran OS update and after a couple of reboots (Clover did not select correct partitions), I'm all green.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-18 um 20.15.28.png

Smooth update from 10.15.5 (supplemental update) to 10.15.6 (supplemental update).
Clover 5107.
No update to KEXTs or anything else.
No issue afterwards (i.e. sound, WiFi, etc. is working)

3-4 reboots, always went for the update boot disk or the normal boot drive for the last boot (when no update boot disk was available anymore).

Worked fine on my OptiMac :)

Upgraded from 10.15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back