Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The I2C is unlikely to ever work for the trackpad since its works over the SMbus in this machine. There is a project (voodooSMBus: https://github.com/leo-labs/VoodooSMBus ) which ports the voodooI2C work to the SM like the i2c linux drivers do. I have not experimented with it. Please report if you have success. If I can find my notes/links I'll share.

good luck.

Yes, projects that are never attempted have a high rate of failure :/

And the trackpad is synaptics not elan like the linked kexts.

Should be totally doable for someone with the skills, time, and attitud

Yes, projects that are never attempted have a high rate of failure :/

And the trackpad is synaptics not elan like the linked kexts.

Should be totally doable for someone with the skills, time, and attitud
It's okay. Took me an entire year to perfect this.

Evening all, I'm curious. Has anyone been working on doing this for a Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7?

Evening all, I'm curious. Has anyone been working on doing this for a Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7?
Look for it on github and other posts. You are in the wrong post.

Ok. I bit the bullet and found a X1 Extreme 20MF with an i7-8850H. I've been working with Errneist's EFI/ACPI folders, and trying a bit with some of the others he recommended on github specific to the 8850H. I am failing miserably. I've followed the instructions for what to change in the bios, booting from usb flash to install but running into a ton of AE_ ACPI errors. Any thoughts? EDIT: Running 1.13 (embedded controller version of the bios.

Ok. I bit the bullet and found a X1 Extreme 20MF with an i7-8850H. I've been working with Errneist's EFI/ACPI folders, and trying a bit with some of the others he recommended on github specific to the 8850H. I am failing miserably. I've followed the instructions for what to change in the bios, booting from usb flash to install but running into a ton of AE_ ACPI errors. Any thoughts? EDIT: Running 1.13 (embedded controller version of the bios.
If you are running into ACPI errors, use clover to get your own DSDT, patch your own DSDT, my ACPI is literally for luck...(tbh I don't even know why zysuper's DSDT worked on my machine)

Good evening again. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to look at my files. I have an X1 Extreme Gen1 with an 8850H CPU. This is the first time that I have attempted to patch a DSDT myself. This is also the first laptop that I have done myself. I have no doubt that there are errors in my DSDT and incorrect kexts (or maybe better ones that I should be using). I currently do not have any battery meter. I know that it takes a ton of time to help someone out, I appreciate any assistance from any of you. Thanks much! --Happy Saturday!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back