Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you briefly explain what's wrong, again? @jamesxxx1997

To me it seems like VoodooPS2 is used for trackpad & keyboard, while VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID are used for touchscreen & pen.
Please also attach a kernel log for debugging, though I'm not sure what the issue is, still :p
Just make sure VoodooI2C is latest, as there were issues for devices with pens.

BTW, if it's possible, use I2C for trackpad too, it delivers much better performance (Well, PS2 is old, a bottleneck for data).
Thank you @ben9923 , now the issue is solved ;)

Congrats everyone! We are now officially entering the Catalina era.

Hi,

I finally solved eGPU. It is easy as hell. Al I did was disable the internal iGPU, then boot with the same EFI (10.15.0.3.3 in my case) then everything just works. Just so you know.

Hi Errrneist, I've just received my x1 extreme GEN2 - i7-9750H. I know the question has already been asked (EFI developed for GEN1), but what would be my chance for a working hackintosh based on your work considering my choice for a i7 processor ? From what I've read, the differences between gen1 and 2 are minimal beside CPU, screen, GPU, but my knowledge in hackintosh is very limited... I would very much appreciate any advice ! Thank you very much

Hi Errrneist, I've just received my x1 extreme GEN2 - i7-9750H. I know the question has already been asked (EFI developed for GEN1), but what would be my chance for a working hackintosh based on your work considering my choice for a i7 processor ? From what I've read, the differences between gen1 and 2 are minimal beside CPU, screen, GPU, but my knowledge in hackintosh is very limited... I would very much appreciate any advice ! Thank you very much
Bro. me to :) I slowly working on that - but I have much time by the day .

Simple answer, try it. Try it! Obviously, there are things you need to change, patch your DSDT, change your iGPU stuff and SMBIOS stuff, but should be much easier. I don't have a gen 2 so I can't say anything for sure :p (At least I already fully solved Gen1 for you guys)

BTW I don't see X1E Gen2 being too much of a hassle except all the things applied to Gen 1 (e.g. Bluetooth) still applies.

Simple answer, try it. Try it! Obviously, there are things you need to change, patch your DSDT, change your iGPU stuff and SMBIOS stuff, but should be much easier. I don't have a gen 2 so I can't say anything for sure :p (At least I already fully solved Gen1 for you guys)
Thank you very much for your quick reply ! And congratulation for your work you kindly share with the communauty. I will try indeed ! But it'll take time for me as I have to learn a lot about hackintosh, being a simple beginner in putting hands in the mud ! If any success, I'll be back here for sharing..

Thank you very much for your quick reply ! And congratulation for your work you kindly share with the communauty. I will try indeed ! But it'll take time for me as I have to learn a lot about hackintosh, being a simple beginner in putting hands in the mud ! If any success, I'll be back here for sharing..
It's not "My" work, it is "our" work. If you go take a look at that Github repository you will realize how powerful it is when it comes to a community. I strongly recommend you open up a new thread, let me know, and I will post your repo's link in my repo's readme.MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back