Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 2070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
That means Hachintosh can not be installed on the machine by now?
That means this post may not apply to your machine. This is for X1E Gen 1.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 Advanced - Clover
CPU
i7-9507H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 2070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hy,
1- press space bar or arrow key when clover start countdown to stop it.
2- plug in Thunderbolt 3 cable
3- connect eGPU to monitor
4- swich on eGPU
5- wait few second
6- pres enter to start boot

View attachment 423096

Link video:

Hi, I got my hands on a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 ITX and a Razer Core, which should work just fine. The graphics card has been tested in Windows and is functional, along with the eGPU enclosure.

When I boot into macOS, if:
(1) I use your method and follow the above steps, first load clover then plug in and turn on the eGPU, macOS will boot but does not detect the eGPU, and says "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded."
(2) I leave it plugged in before Clover loads and boot macOS that way, macOS does not boot and quickly throw a panic after half a second the apple logo appears.

I wonder if you used any DSDT patch, SSDT, or KEXT to make your thunderbolt work?

Also, did you experienced the System Preferences under the "Thunderbolt" it says "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded."?

And finally, maybe the problem lies in X1E has a built-in (But disabled with SSDT...maybe there is a conflict with the disable NVIDIA SSDT?) dGPU but your Dell XPS 13 only has the internal iGPU. Anyways, please give me a bit more detail on how you made it work, thanks a lot! There really isn't much information online regarding on how to make laptop TB3 working...

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi , dear @Errrneist.
From your github repository , it seems that you have your touchscreen working again?
Does multi-touch works or only single touch?
It seems that in older version of catalina , don't have native touchscreen support.
So if single touch works again , it might be possible that newer version of catalina have native touchscreen support as mojave does :)

Moreover , we've found that voodooi2c doesn't work on some laptop with usb touchscreen , like x1 extreme , P52 , and yoga 260 , for voodooi2c only have experimental support for usb device.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9507H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 2070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi , dear @Errrneist.
From your github repository , it seems that you have your touchscreen working again?
Does multi-touch works or only single touch?
It seems that in older version of catalina , don't have native touchscreen support.
So if single touch works again , it might be possible that newer version of catalina have native touchscreen support as mojave does :)

Moreover , we've found that voodooi2c doesn't work on some laptop with usb touchscreen , like x1 extreme , P52 , and yoga 260 , for voodooi2c only have experimental support for usb device.
Yes, you can use the touch screen like a HUGE 15 inch trackpad.

We used a modified VoodooPS2Controller from Acidanthera, and that is what enables the multigesture support. Nothing to do with Catalina itself. I think if you use that kext on an older version of Catalina it should work, although I am currently on beta 8.

Voodooi2C does not work out of the box, and since we got VoodooPS2Controller working, Voodooi2C is deprecated. You can read more in readme.MD.

Hope this answers your questions.

Motherboard
Lenovo U530
CPU
i5-4210U
Graphics
HD 4400 - 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I got my hands on a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 ITX and a Razer Core, which should work just fine. The graphics card has been tested in Windows and is functional, along with the eGPU enclosure.

When I boot into macOS, if:
(1) I use your method and follow the above steps, first load clover then plug in and turn on the eGPU, macOS will boot but does not detect the eGPU, and says "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded."
(2) I leave it plugged in before Clover loads and boot macOS that way, macOS does not boot and quickly throw a panic after half a second the apple logo appears.

I wonder if you used any DSDT patch, SSDT, or KEXT to make your thunderbolt work?

Also, did you experienced the System Preferences under the "Thunderbolt" it says "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded."?

And finally, maybe the problem lies in X1E has a built-in (But disabled with SSDT...maybe there is a conflict with the disable NVIDIA SSDT?) dGPU but your Dell XPS 13 only has the internal iGPU. Anyways, please give me a bit more detail on how you made it work, thanks a lot! There really isn't much information online regarding on how to make laptop TB3 working...
Hi!
In Thunderbolt section no drivers loaded is normal!
we don't have a real macbook pro....
Please follow my procedure and check the graphic section in about this mac and let me know if you see the rx 570....

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-9507H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 2070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi!
In Thunderbolt section no drivers loaded is normal!
we don't have a real macbook pro....
Please follow my procedure and check the graphic section in about this mac and let me know if you see the rx 570....
Only Intel UHD 630 is displayed on the about this mac-graphics section.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T480
CPU
i7-8550u
Graphics
UHD620
The HDMI is hard wired to NVIDIA graphics card. Therefore, since 1)macOS does not support NVIDIA 2)macOS does not support Optimus so there is absolutely no way to achieve HDMI output using the integrated HDMI port.
you could install high sierra + nvidia web drivers and get the nvidia card working that way

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T480
CPU
i7-8550u
Graphics
UHD620
Yes, you can use the touch screen like a HUGE 15 inch trackpad.

We used a modified VoodooPS2Controller from Acidanthera, and that is what enables the multigesture support. Nothing to do with Catalina itself. I think if you use that kext on an older version of Catalina it should work, although I am currently on beta 8.

Voodooi2C does not work out of the box, and since we got VoodooPS2Controller working, Voodooi2C is deprecated. You can read more in readme.MD.

Hope this answers your questions.
voodooi2c is not deprecated, it could be used to get more precise tracking/gestures via the SMbus port (acidanthera's vooodoops2 uses ps2 only which is not as good)

its worth doing, as mentioned before one would need to get the synaptics drivers to work like the elan ones do in this kext- https://github.com/leo-labs/VoodooSMBus

I have a T480 (different trackpad but same interfacing so behavior should translate to the x1 trackpad) and can help with this project . I also ordered a X1 extreme trackpad to see if I can fit it in the T480

could be better than the MacBook trackpad (too huge bleh) and finally bring hackintosh laptops into true 100% pro workstation realm

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9507H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 2070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
voodooi2c is not deprecated, it could be used to get more precise tracking/gestures via the SMbus port (acidanthera's vooodoops2 uses ps2 only which is not as good)

its worth doing, as mentioned before one would need to get the synaptics drivers to work like the elan ones do in this kext- https://github.com/leo-labs/VoodooSMBus

I have a T480 (different trackpad but same interfacing so behavior should translate to the x1 trackpad) and can help with this project . I also ordered a X1 extreme trackpad to see if I can fit it in the T480

could be better than the MacBook trackpad (too huge bleh) and finally bring hackintosh laptops into true 100% pro workstation realm
Currently my focus is on getting thunderbolt 3 eGPU figure out somehow. (The word ”deprecated” I used was kinda misleading... I mean I decided not to use it) I can see why it is better to eventually transition to Voodooi2C but currently VoodooPS2Controller is working very well (at least in my standards) and I’d rather work more on the external graphics thing.

If we want the laptop to be a pro workstation, it is simply not enough to use intel UHD 630 (620 in your case) as GPU. iGPU is too weak. The displaylink solution I am currently using still has lag and does not contribute to the overall performance. Therefore, eGPU is necessary. I am using a RX 570 as a test card (got it for about 100 USD) so eventually we can hook up something like a Radeon VII to it. That will make it into a true WS.