Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast and smooth update. Two reboots and approx 10 minutes.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 11.42.44 AM.png

Like a number of forum users have reported, I too, ran into the issue with the combo update. My HDD was converted to APFS during the 10.14 update, but the 10.14.3 combo update claimed it "did not meet the requirements". My hypothesis is that the combo update failed because the drive is a conventional HDD as opposed to an SSD. I'll see if that is the case when I update my laptop (which is SSD based).

I was able to get the 10.14.3 update installed through the System Preferences software update process without any issues.

Update successfully. two boot and done

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 12.09.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 12.09.12 PM.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 12.08.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 12.08.52 PM.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 110
I am having issues with USB. I cannot make USB-C work in my system. I am using an ASUS PRIME Z370-A. IORegistryExplorer only shows 15 entries. What am I doing wrong?

I am using the latest EFI folder for Mojave.

Thanks!

So while everyone says "smooth update" (and mine did sucessfully update also), I wanted to add for anyone that is looking for what to expect during the update is that there were a couple "uncomfortably long" pauses on black screens where the progress bar seems to stop and there isn't any disk activity. Don't worry, just leave it and it will either turn to a white screen and reboot, or it will just reboot and start the next phase. It wasn't until after the 2nd reboot that I got any sort of a progress bar with estimated time. So, don't freak out, just be patient.

Also, using Clover bootloader, each reboot does seem to land Clover on the proper partition to boot from (Preboot or Mac Install, etc.) and then finally your normal macOS boot volume.
If you need WhateverGreen then this is fixed by placing it in the EFI folder along with Lilu. You will be able to follow the whole progress.
I have these in the EFI folder and it woks just fine:
- Lilu
- WhateverGreen
- AppleALC
- CodecCommander
- FakeSMC
- IntelMausiEthernet
- USBInjectAll
- XHCI-unsupported
Some say this is wrong, some say it is fine, I say it works great for me no issues at all.

What I found out about this update...
Computer is laggy and spinning wheel scours to often. It jitters and stutters, especially on youtube opera. It does not work at all one can say. Final Cut Pro is making me crazy also. After a buttery smooth macOS, I have BS all the time. I guess will have to reinstall.

Fast and smooth update. Two reboots and approx 10 minutes.

View attachment 381467
@pastrychef, everything has been running perfectly and I hate to tamper with what has been working. One small niggling problem; after sleep and also upon restart, HWMonitor disappears (quits) from the menu bar. Any idea about this, if so, a solution?

@pastrychef, everything has been running perfectly and I hate to tamper with what has been working. One small niggling problem; after sleep and also upon restart, HWMonitor disappears (quits) from the menu bar. Any idea about this, if so, a solution?

I don't know. I have been using iStat Menus for many years and it doesn't have this issue.

I don't know. I have been using iStat Menus for many years and it doesn't have this issue.
I am also using iStat menus and also have no problem. Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back