Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had issues updating, but I discovered that I had native NVRAM so removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from clover ensured clover would reboot from the correct volume after restart. Updated without issue.
How did you discover that?

How did you discover that?
A bit of detective work. When I mapped my USB ports with USBmap I discovered my settings were getting saved to NVRAM. I noticed recently my Hack wouldn't restart to the the most recent boot volume. I thought that might have something to do with my update issue. After a quick search I learned from this thread that if my motherboard has its own NVRAM I wouldn't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in clover. Removing it and rebooting and then updating solved my issue.

How did you clean up and reinstall ALC? My audio device is lost after update.

I didn't. I just used MultiBeast: Driver -> Audio -> AppleALC. I have to do this after every update.

My only issue was (again) that the first reboot into the "preboot on preboot" ended in a black screen without further hard disk activity. I should have disconnected all disks beyond the system drive. After a hard shutdown and having done that, the necessary reboots found their target and it finished successfully

anybody else die a little on the inside when you realize you need an operating system patch to fix a bug in a video calling application?

Broke audio (which is normal) but this time when I reinstalled Apple HDA, it has worked! No more Voodoo for me!

I little quirky during the install. Black screen and several reboots, but finally came up fine. YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back