Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Motherboard
GA-Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
What you need to do is install the latest lilu and whatevergreen kexts. Delete the web driver and power down the system. replace the nvidia card with a amd and power back up..Done!
Thanks! I'll wait a little longer, since the AMD card costs $250... but if the drivers aren't forthcoming, I'll do as you suggest.

Motherboard
ThinkPad Yoga 12
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1920x1080
after update, when all set and done, restarted with a fatal osxaptio error.

Had to update my old OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

All perfect now!
Thanks for this feedback. This helped solving my problem.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Gosh, 10.14.1 got me a hard time! It installed OK but then, it just got stuck with no error message, with no crash or whatsoever, just not willing to start the GUI.
I even restored my previous 10.14 conf. from Time Machine backup 3 times, before I thought about changing the SMBIOS Product Model from iMac 17,1 to iMac 18,3 in the Clover options at boot time. Stupid me!
Then at last, it accepted starting, but with an intolerable flicker of the display, which I had already noticed with iMac 18,3 on Mojave.
Finally, after multiple trials, it turned out iMac 14,2 stopped the flicker for me.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 11.23.47 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Looking for the definitive expert on Mojave here...
Still struggling to get a valid update installed. Early on in betas there was a flag allowing install on HFS+ so I chose that method since APFS was getting some bad ink back there... so when the final release arrived I tried and was unable to install using Unibeast... but I discovered another method elsewhere which did allow the HFS+ install, and that was successful. All my testing is using SSD drives.

Lastly, I cloned and then converted that disk to APFS and then attempted to install the update using the 6gb image download. It did begin that install but then after the progress bar had barely moved, the system just rebooted and gave up, so that was about as close as I've come so far.

I'm hoping someone can affirm or deny that APFS will be mandatory from this point forward.
I've also discovered that if I'm booted to the HFS+ version, and go into Update in SysPref, the system says I'm up to date at 10.14, and that there are no updates available... but if I clone and then convert to APFS, now the system is willing to download the update... which again seems to say the HFS+ ship has sailed. I'm about to try that download and install method next but still looking for some more experienced wisdom on all this.

Motherboard
ASUS H370-i
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Gosh, 10.14.1 got me a hard time! It installed OK but then, it just got stuck with no error message, with no crash or whatsoever, just not willing to start the GUI.
I even restored my previous 10.14 conf. from Time Machine backup 3 times, before I thought about changing the SMBIOS Product Model from iMac 17,1 to iMac 18,3 in the Clover options at boot time. Stupid me!
Then at last, it accepted starting, but with an intolerable flicker of the display, which I had already noticed with iMac 18,3 on Mojave.
Finally, after multiple trials, it turned out iMac 14,2 stopped the flicker for me.

View attachment 363836
SMBIOS'es 18.3 and 18.2 expect that the device has two graphic cards, internal and external, that's why there is flicker when you use only internal Intel card. 18.1 is your friend, since it is from a iMac without external card.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I also lost Quicksync after updating to 10.14.1. I had also updated Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts at the same time. I went back to previous versions of those kexts and now Quicksync works again.

View media item 191192
Can you send them to kexts please?