Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Motherboard
GA-Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
I picked up a used rx 570 8gb for $120. Or you can get a rx 560 4gb for about $70 on ebay.
Got a new rx 580 4gb on eBay for $60. 2gb more than I have now, so... thanks!

[Edit: too good to be true. eBay sent me an email that the listing was bogus. Money refunded, and searching anew...]

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
Core i5-6600K @ 4.3 Ghz
Graphics
Radeon HD 7970
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
No issues on my z170 machine: i5-6600k, Radeon HD 7970.

I didn't lose my audio (configured via Clover) or QuickSync (Whatevergreen, Lilu are the same ones from when I updated to Mojave).

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB
SMBIOS'es 18.3 and 18.2 expect that the device has two graphic cards, internal and external, that's why there is flicker when you use only internal Intel card. 18.1 is your friend, since it is from a iMac without external card.
Interesting, Any guide on how to get both internal and external graphics working together? Have this with HS and works very well, I had issues when updating to Mojave.

Motherboard
ASUS H370-i
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
What's the problem with that? I'm just saying that when you have only internal CPU graphic card (which is visible on the screenshot) and set SMBIOS from an iMac that has both - it flickers like hell. Had the same problem. Solution to that is to set SMBIOS of the machine that doesn't have external GPU when you don't have one. That's SMBIOS 18.1

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB
What's the problem with that? I'm just saying that when you have only internal CPU graphic card (which is visible on the screenshot) and set SMBIOS from an iMac that has both - it flickers like hell. Had the same problem. Solution to that is to set SMBIOS of the machine that doesn't have external GPU when you don't have one. That's SMBIOS 18.1
No problem, Just didn't realize that maybe I should try 18.2 or 18.3 being that I have both internal and External being utilized. Though on occasion I do get a graphics error that forces a reboot. We change our bios to use both Internal and External graphics. It has helped some people who were having slow Bruce tests in FCP, and processing HVEC encodings. For me it fixed an issue I had with Photos processing video uploaded from a DSLR. Just was looking for addition info.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 8770k
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Caution!! after the installation of 10.14.1 is lost quick sync
Man glad I read this. I fought long and hard to get it working on Mojave and not about to lose it. Any info on the fix?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
SMBIOS'es 18.3 and 18.2 expect that the device has two graphic cards, internal and external, that's why there is flicker when you use only internal Intel card. 18.1 is your friend, since it is from a iMac without external card.
Just gave it a try, but no luck with iMac 18,1: not starting, like iMac 17,1. I'll stick to 14,2.
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Maximus X Formula
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
VEGA
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
What SMBIOS is fit for a Vega FE setup?

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME H270 PRO - 3610 - Clover
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Finally just got round to installing 10.14 yesterday on my testing system, only to find that there was the 10.14.1 update, so downloaded via direct link and installed not so long ago, everything seems fine at the moment that was working prior to the update.

Just need to sort out USB 3.0(also a write up on this and several other systems i use) System Spec below.

• Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H
  • Intel i5 6500
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2400 MHz
  • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8G GDDR5
  • Samsung 250GB EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe (APFS)
Will update if i come across any problems?

CIM :thumbup:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Note: You do NOT need to update Lilu, AppleALC or Whatevergreen; if those kexts were working in 10.14.0. I did not and the only minor issue I had was my monitor went blank for about a few minutes during the update process. But after waiting it out, the system rebooted and finished reinstalling as usual. I also noticed a few users say that the new kext updates breaks Quick Sync, as well.

Everything is working fine. I did the manual USB port limit patch so I did not need to do anything else for USB 3.0 to work.