Register

macOS 10.13 Hackintosh on HP OMEN ce003na

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got the following things working:
  • Brightness
  • Audio
  • SD Card
  • Battery (it always puts the computer in a bad state with my current patch etc)
  • Power management
  • Sleep
  • Probably a few other things too which I can’t recall right now
For now I have given up, but as soon as the 10.14 web drivers are released I will update and try my best to get it fully working.

Sorry for the disappointment!

Hi xjacx,

Would you be ale to post the Clover setup you have for this laptop?

Thanks

[Deleted]

Last edited:
I've finally become bored enough to actually try to fix some of the remaining problems I've been experiencing. So far, I've done the following:
  1. Successfully enable audio.
  2. Successfully enable the battery to appear in the ioreg and allow my laptop to boot with a correct battery percentage.
  3. Apply OS Check Fix (Win 10) - not sure if I needed to do this though ¯\(ツ)/¯.

I have yet to do the following:
  1. Get the battery to update it's remaining capacity and percentage and give correct discharging status etc.
  2. Fix and power management issues.
  3. Get sleep properly functioning when closing the lid.
  4. See if there's anything I can do about the backlight at all, considering the iGPU is hardware disabled.

I've followed the DSDT patching guide and created a DSDT patch for the battery, which has actually enabled the battery to be seen by the OS. Because of this, my first goal is to get the battery working flawlessly. Here are some currently observed behaviours:
  • Percentage and battery status is correct on boot.
  • macOS correctly actively detects whether the adapter is (un)plugged.
  • After booting once with macOS I have to reset the EC to be able to turn the laptop on without an adapter (this needs to be fixed).
  • macOS appears to think that the battery is fully charged when it is plugged in, although of course, it is not.

To assist anyone in helping me with this I have provided the patch I created and the problem reporting files generated by install_tools.sh. I have taken the liberty of including two ioregs in that zip - one for when the laptop is unplugged, and one for when it is plugged in.

Thank you for any help that is offered!

Attachments

• HP OMEN ce003na Battery Fix DSDT Patches.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 55
  • debug_26256.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
What's especially annoying is that my laptop just shuts off when it's out of battery - no warning or anything. The battery never lasts very long either, however, I suppose it's similar battery life to how it is in Windows.

I've finally become bored enough to actually try to fix some of the remaining problems I've been experiencing. So far, I've done the following:
  1. Successfully enable audio.
  2. Successfully enable the battery to appear in the ioreg and allow my laptop to boot with a correct battery percentage.
  3. Apply OS Check Fix (Win 10) - not sure if I needed to do this though ¯\(ツ)/¯.
I have yet to do the following:
  1. Get the battery to update it's remaining capacity and percentage and give correct discharging status etc.
  2. Fix and power management issues.
  3. Get sleep properly functioning when closing the lid.
  4. See if there's anything I can do about the backlight at all, considering the iGPU is hardware disabled.
I've followed the DSDT patching guide and created a DSDT patch for the battery, which has actually enabled the battery to be seen by the OS. Because of this, my first goal is to get the battery working flawlessly. Here are some currently observed behaviours:
  • Percentage and battery status is correct on boot.
  • macOS correctly actively detects whether the adapter is (un)plugged.
  • After booting once with macOS I have to reset the EC to be able to turn the laptop on without an adapter (this needs to be fixed).
  • macOS appears to think that the battery is fully charged when it is plugged in, although of course, it is not.
To assist anyone in helping me with this I have provided the patch I created and the problem reporting files generated by install_tools.sh. I have taken the liberty of including two ioregs in that zip - one for when the laptop is unplugged, and one for when it is plugged in.

Thank you for any help that is offered!
you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions

you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions

You're correct, it isn't in /L/E, but rather it's in Clover. I would prefer it to be in Clover rather than /L/E as then it allows me to boot the recovery partition etc without modifying the EFI folder first.

You're correct, it isn't in /L/E, but rather it's in Clover. I would prefer it to be in Clover rather than /L/E as then it allows me to boot the recovery partition etc without modifying the EFI folder first.
you keep it in both places, which is fine

while it is not in /L/E then the kexts you already have in there won't take any effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back