Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13 Hackintosh on HP OMEN ce003na

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh it seems we are covering all bases in terms of Rehabman's guide but something else is causing issues.. the fact that the buggy UPBS patch makes things partially work makes me think maybe its this section which needs work or other parts need rewriting. Not totally sure, ive been looking out for people in similar situations for months hoping someone will drop that vital patch or clue.

I'll look out for it. Do you know where the battery data is actually stored in the DSDT? I logged all the variables in the EC0 device but none of the values matched any reported by the ACPIBatteryManager.kext output.

I'll look out for it. Do you know where the battery data is actually stored in the DSDT? I logged all the variables in the EC0 device but none of the values matched any reported by the ACPIBatteryManager.kext output.
Have you started debugging with ACPIDebug.kext ?
Edit I had used the attached dsdt for reference in the past (its not mine, cant remember where exactly it came from). if you search for '\RMDT.PUSH ' you will see examples and where this guy was focusing on. He was trying to fix his battery.

Attachments

• DSDTdebug.aml
    135.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Have you started debugging with ACPIDebug.kext ?
Edit I had used the attached dsdt for reference in the past (its not mine, cant remember where exactly it came from). if you search for '\RMDT.PUSH ' you will see examples and where this guy was focusing on. He was trying to fix his battery.

Yeah I installed ACPIDebug.kext etc. I'll check that out - what device is it from?

Yeah I installed ACPIDebug.kext etc. I'll check that out - what device is it from?
Not sure, mate.

I've started to look into it some more, need to make sense of it yet though. Attached some images of where Im at including info from the acpi spec sheet. Im using just the HP-G6-2221ss patch and trying to figure things out (god help me lol), currently don't get changing percentage or estimation and need to EC reset to have it update.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.05.58.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.05.58.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.07.20.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.07.20.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.06.57.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.06.57.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 121
Not sure, mate.

I've started to look into it some more, need to make sense of it yet though. Attached some images of where Im at including info from the acpi spec sheet. Im using just the HP-G6-2221ss patch and trying to figure things out (god help me lol), currently don't get changing percentage or estimation and need to EC reset to have it update.

Is our battery not a smart battery since it's managed by the EC? Cause if so I think you're looking at the wrong bit of the spec. Also, I've put \RMDT.PUSH("Method [method name] executed.") inside every method to see the execution order, in case that's important lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back