Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13 Hackintosh on HP OMEN ce003na

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to install clover on my SSD EFI partition without installing macOS? That way it might be a little faster.

It will be marginally faster to boot Clover from SSD vs. HDD (the Clover files are not large).

The Clover installer only allows installing to macOS partitions... It then determines the associated EFI partition (on the same device) and actually installs there.

So... you will need to install Clover to HDD, which will put Clover on HDD/EFI, then manually move the files from HDD/EFI to SSD/EFI. You would have to repeat that process anytime you update Clover. Alternately, you could create a dummy HFS+J partition on your SSD, then install Clover there, which will install Clover directly to SSD/EFI (no manual move needed).

It will be marginally faster to boot Clover from SSD vs. HDD (the Clover files are not large).

The Clover installer only allows installing to macOS partitions... It then determines the associated EFI partition (on the same device) and actually installs there.

So... you will need to install Clover to HDD, which will put Clover on HDD/EFI, then manually move the files from HDD/EFI to SSD/EFI. You would have to repeat that process anytime you update Clover. Alternately, you could create a dummy HFS+J partition on your SSD, then install Clover there, which will install Clover directly to SSD/EFI (no manual move needed).

Should I format my internal HDD as MBR or GPT?

The macOS installer requires GPT.

I have successfully installed and patched WiFi, though I have 4 current issues:
  1. Graphics are still messed up (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB ONLY), no idea how to fix.
  2. How do I copy my Clover bootloader to the SSD EFI partition? I have write access but it's not detected in the Clover installer.
  3. How do I fix the audio? I downloaded AppleHDA patcher but have no clue what Realtek chip I have (Windows just says Realtek High Definition Audio).
  4. Trackpad doesn't appear under "Trackpad" in System Preferences. I downloaded the latest version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext from your Github and installed the kext in the Release folder to /L/E and ran the commands in the installation guide.

The macOS installer requires GPT.

Also, brightness controls are not working (not sure if the guide in "Common Problems in 10.13..." will cover my laptop as it is Nvidia only), and two other function keys aren't working: Airplane mode and screen share (I suppose that would be Airplay in macOS).

My main priority is fixing the graphics and the audio.

Thanks again!

Graphics are still messed up (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB ONLY), no idea how to fix.
Read up on how to use the Nvidia web drivers.

How do I copy my Clover bootloader to the SSD EFI partition? I have write access but it's not detected in the Clover installer.
What do you mean by "it"?
Clover is installed to the macOS system partition, the Clover installer automatically finds the related EFI partition.

How do I fix the audio? I downloaded AppleHDA patcher but have no clue what Realtek chip I have (Windows just says Realtek High Definition Audio).

Obtain audio codec dump from Linux.

Trackpad doesn't appear under "Trackpad" in System Preferences. I downloaded the latest version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext from your Github and installed the kext in the Release folder to /L/E and ran the commands in the installation guide.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, brightness controls are not working (not sure if the guide in "Common Problems in 10.13..." will cover my laptop as it is Nvidia only), and two other function keys aren't working: Airplane mode and screen share (I suppose that would be Airplay in macOS).

My main priority is fixing the graphics and the audio.

Thanks again!

AFAIK, no one has brightness controls working correctly with the Nvidia web drivers (note that before you even think about implementing brightness controls, you need to have working graphics...)

AFAIK, no one has brightness controls working correctly with the Nvidia web drivers (note that before you even think about implementing brightness controls, you need to have working graphics...)

Thanks, I fixed problem 2.

Whilst updating, so I can install the latest Nvidia drivers, the installer failed and now it won't install, nor will WiFi turn on (the card is detected, it just won't turn on when I click "turn on").

This, the Nvidia issue (in the process of fixing), the AppleHDA issue (will do tomorrow) and the trackpad issue remain.

Problem reporting files are attached.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting FIles.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
Problem reporting files are attached.

Mistakes:

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Battery status not implemented (SysPrefs->Trackpad not expected without battery status implemented).

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi not needed with AptioMemoryFix.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back