Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13 Hackintosh on HP OMEN ce003na

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DSDT PNLF patch doesn't enable the brightness slider, whereas the Clover AddPNLF one does.

You failed to attach ioreg (and other PR files) that shows the AddPNLF scenario. As a result, no possible way to tell the difference.

You failed to attach ioreg (and other PR files) that shows the AddPNLF scenario. As a result, no possible way to tell the difference.

Sorry - here's the ioreg.

I just rebooted with AddPNLF and it stopped working so idk if it was just random.

Attachments

• Jacob’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 66
Sorry - here's the ioreg.

I just rebooted with AddPNLF and it stopped working so idk if it was just random.

Need all PR files.
And of course AddPNLF will not work if you also have patched DSDT with "Brightness Fix".

The PR files you attach must support your claim that brightness slider is present with AddPNLF.

Need all PR files.
And of course AddPNLF will not work if you also have patched DSDT with "Brightness Fix".

The PR files you attach must support your claim that brightness slider is present with AddPNLF.

Having taken a break from this, I still cba with patching the DSDT yet, so I want to get as much else working as possible before venturing into the dark depths of Nvidia Backlight fixes.

Having obtained a codec dump from Ubuntu, I have discovered that my audio codec is ALC 295. How might I go about getting the audio working?

Having taken a break from this, I still cba with patching the DSDT yet, so I want to get as much else working as possible before venturing into the dark depths of Nvidia Backlight fixes.

Having obtained a codec dump from Ubuntu, I have discovered that my audio codec is ALC 295. How might I go about getting the audio working?
Try AppleHDA Patcher.app along with CodecCommander.kext to have sound after sleep. There are guides if you have a look.
Regarding battery a few people have tried to get fully funcitonal battery on the HP Omen Laptops Ive not seen anyone get 100% success.

Try AppleHDA Patcher.app along with CodecCommander.kext to have sound after sleep. There are guides if you have a look.
Regarding battery a few people have tried to get fully funcitonal battery on the HP Omen Laptops Ive not seen anyone get 100% success.

AppleHDA Patcher with the ALC 295 codec selected produced 3 kexts, which I installed to /L/E, and 2 DSDT patches, only one of which I could apply. Still doesn't work after that.

AppleHDA Patcher with the ALC 295 codec selected produced 3 kexts, which I installed to /L/E, and 2 DSDT patches, only one of which I could apply. Still doesn't work after that.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_11794.zip
    990 KB · Views: 70
EFI/Clover is missing, or Clover is not installed.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Looks like the script didn't collect a zip of Clover then. See attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back