Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

So probably a silly question... What's the process / how do you go about getting a 14,2 board ID? I have a RX 580 with smbos 18,3 on 10.13.5. Currently have to use Lilu and WhateverGreen to get multi-monitor working: 2 DP and 1 HDMI for 3 monitors Without it, only 1 DP port works and no HDMI if I recall correctly.

Would love to have things work natively without Lilu and WG.

I do not know for sure if it works with 10.13.5 because i did it with 10.13.6 and with the mojave beta also.
You can generate a board-id with clover configurator for smbios 14,2 by opening clover configurator an select SMBIOS. open smbios 14,2 and copy the field "board id" in your own 18,3 SMBIOS. remove lilu and whatevergreen. Be sure to make a backup of your drive and efi before you try. for the record; i own a 580 right now, and use 2 x hdmi.

Before you buy a USB sound card, try VoodooHDA if you haven't. I've used it since Sierra with no problems. It has two parts, the kext itself and the Settings Loader, which installs a preference pane. You need to use both parts. You do not need to reinstall it after an update.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/
VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.1.zip
VoodooHdaSettingsLoader-109.zip
Excellent idea.I definitely will try the VoodooHDA first since I don't have to pay for them :).
Thank you, ironwood.

Excellent idea.I definitely will try the VoodooHDA first since I don't have to pay for them :).
Thank you, ironwood.

Let us know how it works out. I may switch over. I've been struggling with the same issue. I just tried Darkwake=8 under devices in Clover Config and it is working now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Update: Nevermind. I have another problem. My computer will not shut down. I guess that I will try the other method as well.

Last edited:
Upgraded lilu, shiki, AppleALC, CoreDisplayFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup kexts to latest versions (rebooted)

All you need is Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC. The rest have been merged into WhateverGreen.

RX560 update:

New lilu, new Whatevergreen, displayport with ruby patch to force RGB mode: works!

Let us know how it works out. I may switch over. I've been struggling with the same issue. I just tried Darkwake=8 under devices in Clover Config and it is working now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Update: Nevermind. I have another problem. My computer will not shut down. I guess that I will try the other method as well.
Bigsam302...!. This actually works for me. I have been used "CodecCommander.kext" for this issue since "Yosemite" until this recent update. give it a try if you want. As always, be sure to back up before you do.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 6.50.33 PM.png

Last edited:
When you say, "I updated the machine to the latest Clover build" did you choose the "Custom" button and then choose the up to date drivers for the folder "drivers64UEFI"? Instead of using "updated apfs.api" you should be using the "ApfsDriverLoader-64" and deleting apfs.efi song other updates to the folder.

read this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/page-10#post-1779065

No . . . :oops:. Thank you elfcake for the guidance, and thanks to Anachronaut for the post. I made the changes but also notice that the latest clover builds replace HFSPlus.efi with VBoxHfs-64.efi https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...laces-hfsplus-efi-with-vboxhfs-64-efi.193498/ so next step is to fix that. I appreciate the help!

I just killed my build ... please help.. i update the clover configuration and clover, and install the update.

the first round of update complete and then i reboot...

but then, both boot install for mac XXX
and boot mac-osx goes to black screen or reboot loop...

please help...

the worse thing is , the recovery mode goes to black screen as well

Last edited:
This is an announcement not a help thread.
Post help requests in the relevant High Sierra Desktop / Laptop Support forums.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + i5-2500k OC 4.6 GHz + GTX 750 Ti OC + MacOS 10.13.6 = :thumbup:

Update via App Store or the standalone installer gives major headaches.:banghead:
Only thing what works for this old MB is to do a full install over the old installation.

First made a bootable clone with CC then downloaded the full High Sierra package in the App Store to make a new UniBeast USB.
When installing 10.13.6 on the boot disk I had to boot multiple times (kind of hit and miss) to to let the installation proceed.
Stupidly forgot to prohibit APFS conversion and I could not see the boot disk anymore.
After booting in the clone drive I copied the new APFS.EFI on the disk with 10.13.6. and then I could proceed with the installation. Updated the Nvidia web driver without any issue.

Problems: No onboard sound.
After using MultiBeast I still had no onboard sound so I made a tweak in config.plist.
Did the "High Sierra All ALC Audio FIX" and sound is working again.
Also deleted Preboot options in Clover with this post
Everything works fine now.

Back