Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

I don't remember exactly the command, but i had run it and it's turned off. My boot time is 17 seconds, i have Evo 970 nvme.

Yeah when I disable TRIM it speeds up the boot. I'm just worried about garbage collection on the NVMe side rather than the macOS side (Which is what TRIM is for). I just don't want to have issues in the future with the 970 Pro (which cost an insane amount).

With my previous M.2 SSD (Actually it was a PM951, AHCI based, but still faster than an SSD) I had TRIM enabled but boot up was so fast.

I have disable it, but with no big diference.

Use "sudo trimeforce disable" command.
I have tried this but both NVMe drives remain with TRIM. Other SATA drives do not have TRIM after "disable". Always wondered why.

I have tried this but both NVMe drives remain with TRIM. Other SATA drives do not have TRIM after "disable". Always wondered why.

Here is the command to check the status of the trim via terminal.

Just copy and paste to terminal.

system_profiler SPSerialATADataType | grep 'TRIM'

What response should I see? There was no response.

Ok, After looking at the code I see that this is for SATA TRIM enabled SSD? I do not have nay SATA SSD's on board now. Only NVMe drives and Spinning SATA drives.

Add me to the list of people who got washed out colours/jaggy fonts/rainbow text with these new AMD graphics drivers sending YCbCr to my RGB monitor. Thanks to the info in post #249 I added the manual RGB override for my display (no need to disable SIP because we are already hacked) after only a few hours of eye strain LOL! Why don't we add that to the first post if many are encountering it, could be quite bad for the eyes of people who don't notice it.

To the person who saw a pink screen I think that happens when YCbCr is sent to a display that does not know how to handle it, I've seen it on some older Sony TVs.

Very odd we are back to having to do manual overrides, I remember this when the first Dell 4K displays came out and thought those days were long gone.

Back