Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + i5-2500k OC 4.6 GHz + GTX 750 Ti OC + MacOS 10.13.6 = :thumbup:

Update via App Store or the standalone installer gives major headaches.:banghead:
Only thing what works for this old MB is to do a full install over the old installation.

First made a bootable clone with CC then downloaded the full High Sierra package in the App Store to make a new UniBeast USB.
When installing 10.13.6 on the boot disk I had to boot multiple times (kind of hit and miss) to to let the installation proceed.
Stupidly forgot to prohibit APFS conversion and I could not see the boot disk anymore.
After booting in the clone drive I copied the new APFS.EFI on the disk with 10.13.6. and then I could proceed with the installation. Updated the Nvidia web driver without any issue.

Problems: No onboard sound.
After using MultiBeast I still had no onboard sound so I made a tweak in config.plist.
Did the "High Sierra All ALC Audio FIX" and sound is working again.
Also deleted Preboot options in Clover with this post
Everything works fine now.

I had no issues updating my Z68MX based system from the App Store from 10.13.5. Just had to be careful to select the right boot option since default is not always correct. I think there were four reboots and then an update of Nvidia driver via the control panel. I have not been using internal audio for a long time--I have a USB dongle for that.

No . . . :oops:. Thank you elfcake for the guidance, and thanks to Anachronaut for the post. I made the changes but also notice that the latest clover builds replace HFSPlus.efi with VBoxHfs-64.efi https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...laces-hfsplus-efi-with-vboxhfs-64-efi.193498/ so next step is to fix that. I appreciate the help!

Yes, indeed they did replace HFSPlus.efi with VBoxHFS-64.efi... It also looks like they put they put OSXAptioFix variants back in as a choice for those that want/need them for their build.

Updated at the weekend whilst also updating clover (big mistake!)

Update order (after recovering my EFI from the backup!):

Change USB patch as previously posted
Updated kexts (whatevergreen, Lilu, etc)
Installed update (3 reboots, 45 mins)
Updated apfs.efi
Reboot
Reinstalled audio patch

Done!

Has anyone disabled TRIM on NVMe to speed up boot times? Or is there another way to speed it up?

I have disable it, but with no big diference.

Use "sudo trimeforce disable" command.

I have it enabled via config.plist

However I don’t want the 970 Pro to handle garbage collection on its own.

I read that even if you disable Trim on nvme it’s still turned on in the background by macos. Is this true?

I have it enabled via config.plist

However I don’t want the 970 Pro to handle garbage collection on its own.

I read that even if you disable Trim on nvme it’s still turned on in the background by macos. Is this true?

I don't remember exactly the command, but i had run it and it's turned off. My boot time is 17 seconds, i have Evo 970 nvme.

My operating system cannot be started, after upgrading. v
62e8abf0a27bec67.jpg

Back