Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice some faster loading times but with my RX 580 there is a black screen right after booting when I remove whatevergreen and lilu... Putting them back is the only way to get it working.

Hi, I cant get my external USB driver working. I tried every port, updated the patch for USB, updated to the next kexts...still nothing. Attaching my full debug report if someone is able to determine the problem, thanks you in advance!

My understanding is that if you use the new PMHeart USB 15 port limit patch, you should not have USBInjectAll.kext installed.

in my case it is, I do not need it anymore

Updated without a glitch.

(The update even corrected a long-time error. Finder-search on an NTFS-drive did not show filenames, but only questionmarks. Now search delivers correct results. Why? I don't know.)

Last edited:
I notice some faster loading times but with my RX 580 there is a black screen right after booting when I remove whatevergreen and lilu... Putting them back is the only way to get it working.

Use an other output on your RX 580. If you're using only 1 monitor, I'm sure you'll find at least one output on your card that doesn't give you a black screen without Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts... RX 580 has a ton of ports!

On my Gigabyte RX 570 4GB I have 3 DP, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI output. Only one DP and the DVI port are working without the extra kexts. The other ports give me black screen. Because I'm using only one monitor, I connected it to the only DP out which is working on my RX 570 natively, so no need to install and update Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in the future...

The same with the RX 560... Someone reports it's working, others got black screen and complained (including me :)). It's because someone is using HDMI, others DP or DVI cable, and the natively supported ports are really graphics card specific things if you're using a Radeon card. Test your own graphics card with each port - and don't forget to switch the output in the monitor's settings, too!

If you need not only the video output but things like DP port audio or dual-triple monitors, you'll likely need to install Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts anyway...

Last edited:
Hi guys

Comboupdate link doesn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back