Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB 3 wasn't working. I tried the patch in Post #84 and the USB 3 ports (at lease one of them) works BUT my computer restarts after shutdown in an endless loop. Impossible to shutdown without it restarting automatically. Checked on Wake LAN setting in BIOS, not it and Darkwake=8 and FixShutdown still in my config.plist. Disabling the USB patch from Post #84 makes my computer go back to normal so clearly it's the patch. Any insight?

USB 3 wasn't working. I tried the patch in Post #84 and the USB 3 ports (at lease one of them) works BUT my computer restarts after shutdown in an endless loop. Impossible to shutdown without it restarting automatically. Checked on Wake LAN setting in BIOS, not it and Darkwake=8 and FixShutdown still in my config.plist. Disabling the USB patch from Post #84 makes my computer go back to normal so clearly it's the patch. Any insight?
still not a help thread

NO kexts go into your disk/System/Library/Extensions. If you have any of your added kexts in the System folder, REMOVE THEM.
Thank for the advice!!!
Than, before the update i have to delete all kext present in the system folder and add the new release by "Nvidiagraphics, Lilu, and Fakesmc in Other kext on the EFI folder, and obviously replace the Driver64UEFI in the EFI folder driver? It is not clear what you wrote about the kext, because I have read that I must only change "Nvidiagraphics, Lilu, Fakesmc and Driver64UEFI" in EFI partitions before the install, but the kext present in the system folder do not remove?
And after updated if i can able to boot in 13.10.4 fix USB port 3.0 and disable the Nvidiawebdriver beore install the new release?

Thank in advance :):):)

So, as it turns out, I was able to upgrade to 10.13.4 using Clover r4428, and all the latest drivers on my X99 machine, but not without some surprises.

At first, I had problems. I kept hitting this one line when I tried to boot and the booting would not continue: HID Legacy Shim 2. This is the same error I hit with my Z370, and I thought I had fixed that by adding an SSDT-USB.aml file. I was wrong.
Read on...

I tried all kinds of things; unloading kexts, creating an SSDT-USB.aml file, etc. etc. As it turned out, I did not have to unload my kexts, nor anything else. I did not need to create a SSDT-USB.aml file (and I never used it).

I was trying to upgrade using a cloned version of the OS on USB 3 external drive, and the only difference I did, was to take that USB 3 adapter apart (that was easy, as it was just a case and was easily disassembled), remove the drive and temporarily install as an internal SATA drive. Then it didn't stop at the HID: Legacy shim 2, and it kept going. It is true that I simplified by boot string in Clover, but the error I was getting happens quite a bit before that Clover boot string is loaded. So, I believe I hit this error because I was trying to upgrade using an external USB 3 drive which was plugged into a USB 3 port on the computer.

The upgrade might have worked had I plugged the drive into a legacy USB 2 port on my X99-A II, but plugging it in internally worked out just fine too. As soon as I booted it as an internally attached SATA drive, it blew right past the HID Legacy shim 2 statement and went right on to install the update, reboot again and complete the install.

if you see a drive that won't boot past HID Legacy Shim 2 line, think connecting via USB 2 or SATA.....Live and learn, I guess.....hope this helps someone else......

Another problem I hit with this machine (my X99) that I didn't hit with my Z370 was HDMI audio was broken with this upgrade. Also, for all of you out there, there are new versions of AppleALC (v.1.2.6) and Lilu (v1.2.3) you should use.

Fortunately, Toleda had posted a couple of fixes for this update breaking HDMI audio and one of the ones he posted worked perfectly for me.

Essentially what I did was remove the AppleHDA kext that 10.13.4 installed, and replaced it with the AppleHDA kext file that 10.13.3 installed. What counts here is the version, and if you check Toleda's post about this, it will tell you what version of the AppleHDA.kext will work. I do think it helps to install the versions of AppleALC and Lilu referenced above.

So, with the new Mieze supplied 10.13.4 patch, Aquantia 10GBE works great, (available on this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-native-support-for-10gb-ethernet.239690/) and I'm using the old version of Nvidia's driver, and no issues there. Works fine.

So, after a reboot, all was well, and all was fixed. Update done.

Last edited:
One must make an attempt to have any possibility of success.

Yes, but one must count the cost... Maybe he needs to learn better English first. It takes more than desire and a willingness to try to accomplish some goals. Just ask any brain surgeon.

Hi, I cant get my external USB driver working. I tried every port, updated the patch for USB, updated to the next kexts...still nothing. Attaching my full debug report if someone is able to determine the problem, thanks you in advance!

Attachments

• debug_2515.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
Guys, I did the update to 10.13.4 from 10.13.3 via AppStore but now my Hackintosh won't boot.
The error in Verbose mode is "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #" and keeps doing this til it reboots at around retry number 50.

If I use -disablegfxfirmware then it boots but Internal UHD 630 is so messed up, so glitchy.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Please see my pics attached of my config. and Kexts.

Also, my build is this one.

Gigabyte z370 XP SLI (BIOS F4)
Intel i7-8700 3.2Ghz (6-cores)
32GB Ram DDR4 2400MHz
Wifi+Bluetooth Apple Broadcom
Samsung SSD 256Gb 840 EVO

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    102 KB · Views: 141
  • 2.png
    2.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 3.png
    3.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.png
    4.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 5.png
    5.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 6.png
    6.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 7.png
    7.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited by a moderator:
Despite all of the efforts to prove otherwise this still is not a help thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back