Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about audio RealtecALC 1220 - it is works ? My build wich Z370 NWifi has no audio after update.Usuallny works good - install by multibeast 10.2 (Realtec ALC patches).

No issues with the audio for me.

Possible workarounds: Use AppleHDA from 10.13.x or use VoodooHDA. Attached Voodoo kext that only matches on NVIDIA codecs so works less aggressively alongside existing native audio patches. Optional: Disable unused outputs in NodesToPatch with mask FFFFFFFF, search for a guide.

Thanks! This worked for me. AppleHDA was not behaving as expected. Quick question. Can you point me to something that well help me mask the not needed outputs? I now see 4 HDMI out and only one works.

No issues with the audio for me.

Unfortunately I have the same card on my gigabyte and I had a lot of problems, fixed just with @toleda script "audio_cloverHDMI-130" and got working displayport audio. no need for else for now.

Yep, this worked great. Thanks.

Just to clarify for other n00bs like me who forgot how to edit config.plist... here's how I implemented this:
1. Open up Clover Configurator
2. In Mount EFI -> Mount Partition (most likely disk0s1), wait for EFI partition to mount
3. Open Partition, go to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/, open config.plist in a text editor (like Sublime)
4. Find "KextsToPatch", then copy and paste the <dict>...</dict> content above into the <array>...</array> section. Save and close config.plist. If you want to double check, open config.plist with Clover Configurator, go to 'Kernel and Kext Patches' and the new patch should show up in KextsToPatch (screenshot attached).
5. Restart your computer.

Thank you very much, I'm trying just now... EDIT AFTER REBOOT: YESSS!!! it's working !! thank you again

Last edited:
So, I'm having an unusual problem with both the combo installer and the MAS installer. The update downloads and launches without issue, and takes me to the "Restart" button to begin the update. After clicking Restart, the screen goes black, and the cursor disappears, then reappears a few seconds later and sits there on the black screen. The computer stays this way for a LONG time.

Hi There,

I was stuck in this situation for last 3 months without finding any solution.

Tried lot of things but finally spotted the below errors in Logs:

run this to verify if u see the errors :$ cat /var/log/system.log | grep softwareupdate

Mar 31 15:52:07 <hostname> softwareupdated[297]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper: 666: mkdir: path=/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000s0000068/0/softwareupdated/ modes[0]=0755: Operation not permitted

switched over to root : sudo bash
simply went to /var/folders: cd /var/folders
deleted all files and folder: rm -fr *
restarted..: sudo reboot
empty trash.
Tried downloading the update again from and installed the updated which worked (until i get error during update but tried installing update again and went through)

All the best ! Lets us know if it worked for you :)

Regards

Thanks! This worked for me. AppleHDA was not behaving as expected. Quick question. Can you point me to something that well help me mask the not needed outputs? I now see 4 HDMI out and only one works.
Download getdump-109.zip from here - from the output of getdump you should be able to tell which of 4 output nodes is in use. Then edit the Info.plist (as shown in the NodesToPatch section of this post) adding only the other 3 nodes with a Config value of 0xFFFFFFFF. There's several sections in the getdump output, only one group of four is the outputs. On mine i think it was 4,5,6,7 but yours may be different.

Used updated apfs.efi and that's all I did. Updated from the MAS and the process is smooth! After upgrade, I fixed the driver using Webdriver All Versions to use the old 104 driver -- no difference in graphical performance. However, one thing weird is that I lost one 1MB of graphics memory (see screen shot) -- which doesn't matter at all

old.png

new.png

Edited: the USB 3 devices were not working. Applied the solution in the guide and it works perfectly now. Thank you for the work!

Last edited:
My system now says Radeon RX 560 sweet..........Update went smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back