Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!!!! sound fixed with @toleda script clover130 thank you!!! now usb is missing....
I can’t get my audio to work. I tried using multibeast with no success. I tried the script, but it can’t detect the audio codec. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all,

my system is:
Coffee Lake i5 8600k
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
Intel UHD Graphics 630

After the update, I had few issues:
- Messed with the boot sequence in BIOS

- Flickering display - Resolved by changing on SMBIOS from 18.x to 17.1 - Working fine so far

- USB 3.0 not working - Solution here on post #84

- Unknown CPU - Used the following solution: (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3p-uhd-graphics-630-macos-high-sierra.239402/)

Unknown CPU in About This Mac Fix
  • Download TextWrangler
  • Copy /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings on desktop
  • Open it in TextWrangler, find below code
Code (Text):
<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>Unknown</string>
And update it as below

Code (Text):
<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>3.6 GHz Intel Core i5-8600K (6-Cores)</string>
  • Save and replace /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings with desktop version

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 19.51.35.png

Regards,

Gustavo

Last edited:
Update went smoothly. Fury X recognized as AMD R9 xxx 4096 mb. No need for Lilu, Shiki, WhateverGreen, or RadeonDeInit.

Thunderbolt display works via Thunderbolt output from Asrock Thunderbolt 3 AIC. Display camera, sound, firewire and USB hub all work via Thunderbolt connection.

Hi!

High resolution don't work (2560x1600) (HD530/LG UltraWide). SwitchResX is working bad (set anyway 1920x1080).
What can I do with this?

Thanks!

I haven't used SwitchRes in a long time but use Display Menu sometimes. Last time I checked, it's still free from the App Store.
Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 12.43.09 PM.png

do you use any kind of adapter on the DP output of the 560? my 2nd monitor behaves all weird coming out of display sleep (DP->DVI active adapter). also i get some funny colors around text in menu bars and notifications sometimes (but i'm still on 10.13.3) did you notice any improvements on 10.13.4 or was it all working properly for you before the update?

I don't use any kind of special adapters no. The only difference I have noticed with the update is stability. On 10.13.3 my system would randomly freeze, I was on 18,3 then tried 18,1 but that was worse, I am currently on 18,2 and haven't frozen yet and it's been almost 2 days, the longest I have ever gone without freezing.

After testing the system for a full day, it seems to be cosmetic.
Well, not quite unfortunately. My Core i5 (Zotac Sphere, Intel graphics 4400) will not get past the login screen (with logged on user) after screen has been locked for a while. The machine accepts the password and can be reached via VNC after logging in, but the screen is stuck and won't unlock. Logging out by VNC and relogging in is possible. Seems like it is showing the "wrong" screen as the machine is accessible and working?
Anyone else with this problem?

The only game left on that pc is ESO which ran at around 55-60 fps (2560x1440) when I tried it. I ran a benchmark too:

View attachment 322040

Technically the benchmark values are fine with my GTX980ti. Problem is that in League of Legends and Shadow of Mordor i have fps drops which are really bad. With the RX580 everything is smooth and fine.

I did tones of benchmarks but in the end its just numbers. I will stick to my RX580 for now and try to get my HD4600 iGPU running for my 2nd Monitor. In that way i hope to save some performance from the RX580 and let the iGPU do there work (mostly videos on second monitor).

Thank you anyways!

Heyo. Just wanted to say with ALC892, audio stopped working. I pressed Reset HDA in conflig.plist using Clover Configurator, rebooted, and audio works fine now.

I've pretty much the same setup as @pastrychef (Asus Strix Z370, i7 8700K, Sapphire Vega 56) and I've just upgraded to 10.13.4 first via AppStore, then via combo update. After the update, I've downloaded his latest EFI folder, replaced mine, copied serials and UUID's, followed the instructions from #1 post updates till 7th update.
Everything seems to be working (that being seid, I just did it so not much was tested really) except for two things: GPU fans are spinning full power just as they did on 10.13.3, and what's most annoying, the Magic Mouse stutters every few seconds even on simple cursor movement. I've tested a USB mouse and it does the same thing, so it can't be the bluetooth of the Magic Mouse. Any ideas what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back