Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Mac's in house updated with no problems. Also thanks for the quick fix for USB. Great work as always :thumbup:

I have an RX460 on top of Intel 630 (i7700K). I just updated, swapping in the new apfs.efi first but I didn't remove WhateverGreen, in fact I updated it to the latest and I didn't change the Radeon Deinit setting either. I dunno why; it's just. with my multi monitor situation, I intuit that WE is still helpful. Everything's working lovely like, including sleep, wake. But should I go ahead and take WE etc out? Would it be cleaner somehow? Of course I'll likely end up testing anyway, but it would be good for someone with the knowledge to weigh in, because I'm not sure. And I have tried finding out :)

Yes, I've attached your config.plist corrected with Clover Configurator

Could you please do the same to me... I don't know how to do it..I attach my conf.plist

I got it !!! Need to download Sublim Text to edit, not works with Plist Editor.

Last edited:
Display Port Audio Working - 1080ti
Ended up running Multibeast , Customize, Nvidia Graphics Fixup.
I already had the kexts but this fixed it anyway. I had also run this with 10.13.3 so it needs to be run again.
In my kext folder I have latest appleALC.ket, Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, realtekalc.kext.
Asus z370-f

Last edited:
New patch needed:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Where to apply this patch ??

So, I'm having an unusual problem with both the combo installer and the MAS installer. The update downloads and launches without issue, and takes me to the "Restart" button to begin the update. After clicking Restart, the screen goes black, and the cursor disappears, then reappears a few seconds later and sits there on the black screen. The computer stays this way for a LONG time. I've left it for about an hour with each of the two updates before giving up and powering down the machine. During this time, the mouse remains active (cursor can be moved around) and the hard drive indicator is flashing busily. I've heard some indicate a long period of "black screen" on Restart, but mine seems unusually so. Is anyone else having the same problem, or any creative suggestions?

I will be trying again and leaving the machine to try to do its thing overnight, when I can leave it for hours straight uninterrupted. Thanks, everyone, for your contributions here!

Very straight forward. New Nvidia driver seems fine, sound was still OK, no issues so far.

Updated through App Store and went smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back