Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to latest Clover, initiated update through the App Store, stepped away to answer the door... came back to find my rig on the login screen. Logged in, was prompted to update NVIDIA drivers. Did so, restarted, and machine is running smoothly: audio intact with no screen lag. All is well. Thanks Tonymacx86 community!

10-3-3.png

Guys my installation doesn't start, in verbose mode i see that message.
I've removed AppleIntelLpssI2C and AppleIntelLpssI2CController, can be this the problem?

Attachments

• 28340016_2046549572036839_609350542_o.jpg
    28340016_2046549572036839_609350542_o.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 103
Hope you have fixed this now. If not ...

Boot into Safe Mode by choosing this at Clover boot menu ( press Space etc ) then when at desktop copy lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext into your Library/Extensions folder using KextBeast. Then Reboot.

:thumbup: :)

Correction: All third-party kexts (non-Apple or commercial vendor - like Logitech, Nvidia, Radeon, etc.) belong on EFI (Clover) partition in Kexts/Other folder to be available at boot.

Download the Camp 4K video from here: http://4kmedia.org/sony-camping-in-nature-4k-demo/
Try playing it in QuickTime. On my system with HEVC enabled, CPU usage is well below 10%.

Howdy -

I do apparently have IGPU enabled (per the IORegistry Explorer), and I see that QuickTime is under 10% CPU usage when playing back the downloaded 4K video demo, however, VTDecoderXPCService hovers around 137% CPU usage.

Is this what you also see?

Thanks!

Howdy -

I do apparently have IGPU enabled (per the IORegistry Explorer), and I see that QuickTime is under 10% CPU usage when playing back the downloaded 4K video demo, however, VTDecoderXPCService hovers around 137% CPU usage.

Is this what you also see?

Thanks!

No. It's much lower...
Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 12.44.57 PM.png

Well, downloaded and clicked install... goes to procedure, reboot... and my system seems the same 17D47 build as before (even Nvidia is working just fine). Something went wrong, I guess... the update doesn't appear at App Store anymore. I will leave at that, since all is working just fine.

Correction: All third-party kexts (non-Apple or commercial vendor - like Logitech, Nvidia, Radeon, etc.) belong on EFI (Clover) partition in Kexts/Other folder to be available at boot.

Putting the files and either 10.13, or Other works...
The problem I’m having is adding the AMD card into the Mix with My Nvidia 1080TI, and the Onboard Intel Graphics.
I would rather be on Nvidia, but I have preformane issues on it. Also these new drivers don’t work at all. I tried to patch the .104, but it’s not working for me for some reason on this update. I can’t boot on Intel graphics on this update (I’m sure it will be corrected in the next “real” update”). The AMD works, but I have to pull my Nvidia card out.
I learned a couple of things... One - using the Nvidia disable flag no longer works in HS, like it did in older version of OSX/MacOS. Two - I can boot in to MacOS using the AMD card without using the Whatever Green kext file, however MacOS shows the card as something else, using the kext file resolves that.
My 1080TI is Watercooled, so pulling the whole thing out would be a pain. I wish I could disable it in the BiOS... Enabling it when I want to game in Windows, however I don’t see an option for that....

... Except that in Safe Mode you cannot access the EFI partition/folder, so to boot without a black screen, my suggestion is to put them in the Library/Extensions folder.

You can always move them to the EFI partition once you have graphics and don't need Safe Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back