Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was smooth and perfectly fine.
nice to hear that it works now , yeah!

It was confusing for me that when i stareted the update via app store , i don't got that install partition, but app store showed that I installed the update even though it wasn't installed properly

Last edited:
1. Copied my already installed graphics related kext files of IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, and Lilu.kext to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other in an attempt to avoid pulling my Nvidia card as I did for the initial 10.13.2 update. I figured since adding FakeSMC.kext there was needed for my setup during the last update, then maybe it could fix future graphics card issues during updates.

2. Did a time machine backup. Mounted the EFI and made a zipped copy of its contents. I learned from the last update that with the usb boot drive, this was all I needed to fully recover my APFS system drive.

3. Updated via the App Store.

4. Crossed fingers.

All went well. Confirmed system version 17C205 and Safari 11.0.2. Dual monitors setup and sound is all good. I don't use the Nvidia web drivers because the OS appears to drive my GT 710 just fine without it.

Geekbench single-core score of 4896 and multi-core of 14304 which is nearly exactly as before the update.

I don't know whether step 1 helped for this update or whether my logic is all good there, but apparently it did not hurt.

You may check bios seting on your motherboard again to make sure everything is right... It happens to me when I played around and my system not reconized my graphics card . I tried reinstall, reformat SSD... but finally I found out the setting in my bios is changed.... took me a day to figure out. Good luck

Thank you for the reply.

Actually - it ended up being what I believe to be a result of messing with systemversion.plist. I changed 17C205 to 17C89 based on what some other users did in here. When .104 web drivers came out, I reverted the systemversion.plist file back - but it seems that changes did not completely kick in. I tried repairing permissions and went on about 50 other wild goose chases - but no matter what, the .104 drivers refused to install (telling me i have the wrong OS version).

Reinstalling the supplemental update from apple ended up solving the problem. I wish I just tried that first.

All is well now!

I had follow the update instructions and the 10.13.2 Supplemental Update went smooth.

Thanks for everything.

Smooth as silk. Verified I had the latest kexts (I did), downloaded the update from the App Store, selected "Install macOS from..." in Clover, restarted... actual update took two or three minutes. Restarted, waited through a quick "Setting Up Your Computer" screen (didn't have to do anything), then to the desktop. Prompted me to install NVIDIA drivers, did, restarted, and all is well. Trim setting survived, audio works, and my Samsung 850 EVO 250GB is still HSF+J. Life is good. Thanks for all the guidance!

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.02.28 AM.png

Updated to 10.13.2 Supplemental Update,
Audio gone , but easily fixed.
Works flawless.

I have a "new" GE Force GTX 970 since I installed High Sierra... the installation went ok but I had to remove the card to complete the install... once that was done it completed without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back