Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went smooth on my Z170N board paired with GTX 1050Ti on NVME drive still in HSF+j. The following are my steps:
1. Edit clover and set nvidia to false.
2. Download and install combo update form post #1.
3. Install restarts and does it work.
4. Download and install latest geforce drivers from post #1
5. Enable nvidia to true in clover and restart.

I went this route as due to nvidia geforce issues i encountered during 13.2. This supplemental update however went smooth.

Surprisingly everything went very smoothly using the combo updater (the App Store hasn't shown me an upgrade yet). No need to do any re-installing of kexts at all after the update.

Just ensured I clicked on the correct Clover icon in the boot-manager during the first phase of the upgrade (It's the one with "Installation" in the title).

Sound and AMD graphics all present and correct. Nothing missing in System Report.

:)

All my z270 boards worked without an issue with the updated clover. Z170s, however, stick at the second boot forever after an NTP failure and kernel rebuild message. Stops and never continues. No idea where to go from there.

Looks like others had z170 success.

After a long while it shows a kextd stall message for AppleACPICPU

Surprisingly everything went very smoothly using the combo updater (the App Store hasn't shown me an upgrade yet). No need to do any re-installing of kexts at all after the update.

Just ensured I clicked on the correct Clover icon in the boot-manager during the first phase of the upgrade (It's the one with "Installation" in the title).

Sound and AMD graphics all present and correct. Nothing missing in System Report.

:)

Downloaded the update dmg file, installed and everything went smoothly.
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, Asus R9 290X & iMac13,2 SMBIOS

Update, everything was smooth. Then Nvidia drivers weren't out so I used webdrivers.sh, rebooted and I am stuck here, with or without nv_disable

https://imgur.com/a/HeRSw

I had the same issue.. I had to boot to single user mode and manually delete the old Nvidia drivers, as it was still trying to load them, apparently, even with nv_disable

I had the same issue.. I had to boot to single user mode and manually delete the old Nvidia drivers, as it was still trying to load them, apparently, even with nv_disable

OH.I ended up waiting for the Nvidia official drivers, wiping everything and reinstalling and time machine fixed the rest.

Broke my Hackintosh. Installed on fusion drive and it rooted the system. Can rebuild the system from scratch, but can not apply the update. Any suggestions?

Broke my Hackintosh. Installed on fusion drive and it rooted the system. Can rebuild the system from scratch, but can not apply the update. Any suggestions?

Raima

I have the Same issue. My CustoMac has a 250gb SSD & 3Tb HD Fusion drive. I think what is happening is that the EFI Partitions get corrupted because of the Fusion drive setup. Bit like when trying to install High Sierra to a Fusion Drive.

My Recovery Solution was to use a spare disk with a fresh High Sierra install,
Follow the same process listed on this site for building a Hackintosh.
(Hint: Don't name the disk the same as broken one, gets confusing later, if you do)​
Use the MultiBeast - High Sierra 10.2.0 to make the new installation bootable without the USB boot keyOnce this starts OK you you can start to fix the issues with the broken Fusion Drive
Startup MultiBeast again. Use the same settings, but for the build tab, change the "Install Drive" to be the Fusion drive.
Now Install this config

It should now boot ok, remember to copy the EFI to the other disk.​

Save the new disk for the next time.........​

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back