Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue ...
Even with the options you advised me, I still have this error : gIOScreenLockState 3 error.

I had this boot loop until I modified config.plist on my boot USB.
This solution is from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/
=>
Enable SIP temporarily
To avoid error during installation of NVIDIA Web Drivers you might choose to enable SIP temporarily. Edit Colver configuration file, set SIP related setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x00. Reboot.

The system booted for me and I was able to install latest NVIDIA drivers.

This might work for you?

when phase 2 update installation ( in install macOS from clover bootloader ) not show me setup
check my screen shot
tnx
my hdd seagate baracuda
I havent ssd
in copied apfs file to clover kext efi

Attachments

• IMG_20171103_142120591.jpg
    IMG_20171103_142120591.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Succes, but encoutered 3 show stoppers:

1. beginner's mistake; left the Windows NTFS disk connected, and this resulted in a Disk 1 I/O error. solved by disconnecting all other hard disks
  2. I ran the update from the combo update download, this resulted in the 'could not find OSInstall.mpkg' message. Solved by running the process via the App store update. Seems common problem.
  3. I knew from this forum that I had to uninstall the old Nvidia web drivers, but forgot to disable injection of nvdia web drivers at startup, via Clover Configurator--> System Parameters --> NvidiaWeb. (hint to 'disable' old NVidiaWebdrivers thanks to jyanes83 and to keep the new NVidiaWebdrivers ready thanks to Stork):
macOS 10.13.1 Update

I have a more fundamental issue, but I guess it is not for this topic. I cannot succeed in restoring my backup clone to the original disk (I mean a real sector-by-sector clone of EFI partition, OS X partition, recovery partition etc.). Apparently, in the backup clone process, a size difference of 150 MB came up. So Acronis True Image does not want to clone the backup disk to a 'smaller' disk, same for Clonezilla for example. I completely swiped my original Samsung SSD (1 sweep by zeros), but still the size is too small (from OS X disk utility I get: Samsung SSD is 127,69 GB, the Hitachi HD backup clone (with another 120 GB or so left unallocated) is 127,83 GB).

So I copied the working 10.13.0 with Carbon Copy Cloner from the backup to the original Samsung SSD, which one I now succesfully updated, but which is at the moment not directly bootable: I have to use my backup disk to boot, or the old Sierra installer USB to reach the Clover boot menu.

FYI for all, I had the "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged." error.

In my case it took updating to the very latest Clover (r4289), and removing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from Clover. None of the suggestions above helped me.

I did a normal update like a normal Mac!
after making a back up clone
It worked perfectly, it took some time but I was patient! I only had to rebuild the cash, everything working and testing!
APFS is slow on certain SSDs.
TRIM & APFS not a good idea.
If you want to use TRIM then use HFSJ+.
My build was a little bit slow on boot after updating. I did a clone and reformat my partition. It is faster but not by much! I thought I should mention it!

I had this boot loop until I modified config.plist on my boot USB.
This solution is from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/
=>
Enable SIP temporarily
To avoid error during installation of NVIDIA Web Drivers you might choose to enable SIP temporarily. Edit Colver configuration file, set SIP related setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x00. Reboot.

The system booted for me and I was able to install latest NVIDIA drivers.

This might work for you?

Thank's a lot !
It worked for me.

The boot is very slow now... about 30 sec.
What can I do to enahance the boot time ?

Hi guys, I solved the problem I had with my upgrade, by installing 10.13.1 as new, on a clean disk.

Upgrades are always a risk with our systems, it may go well many times...but other times its a no go! No matter how much you try to solve. It just... happens ;)

All OK now!

My build was a little bit slow on boot after updating. I did a clone and reformat my partition. It is faster but not by much! I thought I should mention it!

Most likely due to the fact APFS is not a good idea for your SSD.

Why do you think this @ VioletDragon ?

I don't notice any difference from booting speed 10.12 or 10.13 with APFS. However I have only 3G speed on my SSD in this old build but it starts up faster than Windows 7 on another SSD (in the same PC).

APFS is New & Buggy.
Some SSDs do not work very well with APFS.
APFS on a Hack is heading with disaster.
TRIM & APFS is a bad idea.
Better to stick with HFS+J on a Hackintosh.
I avoided APFS for two reason. No Point on a Hack and I don't fancy DATA Corruption.
I didn't even bother with it on my Apple MacBook 2011. (SSD isn't Apple).
More information https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back