Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

I'll do my first Hackintosh in a few days with the tools from here. Is it save to use 10.12.6 or should i install 10.12.5?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Upgraded on my CustoMac rig perfectly through the App Store... prompted me for the updated NVIDIA drivers on restart... WiFi, Bluetooth, Audio all working perfectly. Couldn't have gone any more smoothly!

Screen_Shot_2017_07_21_at_11_30_25_AM.png

Backed my working system (10.12.5 with all its updates) using SuperDuper (registered version). Tried to use the App Store but for some reason it got stuck at around 250 MB so I downloaded the combo file via the first post in this thread. The update went as smooth as possible! Sleep works (it takes at least 30 seconds), shutdown works, reboot works and sound works. My system:

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
Intel i3 CPU
Intel Graphics 4000

Thanks again for everyones contribution and for the gurus in this site!!!

I decided that instead of updating from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 and removing the FakeCPUID, etc. I would just rebuild from scratch with macOS 10.12.6 downloaded from the App Store. Before I reformatted the SSD, I modified the config.plist to remove the FakeCPUID, chose iMac18,3 7700K with new serial numbers (system serial and board serial), SMUUID on SMBIOS screen, ROM and MLB on Rt Variables screen (for iMessages).

The whole process went extremely well and everything is working after installing the Nvidia Web Driver for 10.12.6.
Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 11.01.54 PM.png

Back