Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

I decided that instead of updating from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 and removing the FakeCPUID, etc. I would just rebuild from scratch with macOS 10.12.6 downloaded from the App Store. Before I reformatted the SSD, I modified the config.plist to remove the FakeCPUID, chose iMac18,3 7700K with new serial numbers (system serial and board serial), SMUUID on SMBIOS screen, ROM and MLB on Rt Variables screen (for iMessages).

The whole process went extremely well and everything is working after installing the Nvidia Web Driver for 10.12.6.View attachment 267815
I'm building my 1st Hackintosh (I think I ordered the wrong generation of motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6. If you were starting over, would you still use the Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI (F4)?

As you are working perfectly, I'm considering duplicating your setup unless you have a better choice in mind? Except that I have a GTX-285 which I ?think? should already have drivers included?

Is it really that simple? A real real dumb question, but ... which program is used to modify config.plist and where does it live?

And I'm assuming you used the MultiBeast and UniBeast alone to setup "iMac18,3 7700K with new serial numbers (system serial and board serial), SMUUID on SMBIOS screen, ROM and MLB on Rt Variables screen (for iMessages)" - or are there multiple steps involved in getting the new serial numbers and other variables that MultiBeast and UniBeast need?

Is all that automated now, so that you really only had to change a few things and it worked? Wow - I'm standing on the shoulders of Giants!!!

If not, could you point me in the direction of threads so that I can learn what I need to learn?

I'm ashamed to be so ignorant!! I started coding in Z80 assembly language in the 70's and use C# and SQL Server on Win10 now, so I should be able to pick up what I need to know with a bit of guidance.

Thanks!!

Hi, I updated to 10.12.6 through the Mac App Store, and when you have completed the upgrade process I can not restart, it gives me the error that I attached in the image
i got the same error, i tried the bootflag x- and works . the update can finish and u can enter the os

So I loaded my config.plist into Clover Configurator and then in the SMBIOS section, I clicked on the magic wand and then chose IMAC 18,3 which it said was for the 7700K. I then saved and restarted and it actually booted up back to the login screen and I did not get any black screen issues and I have not done any other modifications and have not run any scripts, such as the AGDPFix script whatsoever.

Did imessage work for you ?

@ALL
Do you think it's better for me to update from 14,2 to 18,3 ?
i5-7600
z170xud5-th ?

indeed

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 22.24.58.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 22.24.40.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 22.22.08.png
Strange...

At first it seems like a smooth update, but after a while i noticed that the Dock is always glitching :/

It stoped zooming into the icons and some dockrelated things like moving the icons just wont work :(

Any ideas?

At first it seems like a smooth update, but after a while i noticed that the Dock is always glitching :/

It stoped zooming into the icons and some dockrelated things like moving the icons just wont work :(

Any ideas?
nope, because of your lack of hardware profile

also this isn't a help thread

Back