Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated to 10.12.5 and installed new Nvidia Drivers. No Problem.

Then proceeded to create new "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext" to the best of my ability and used "Kext Wizard" to install into S/L/E after deleting "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext". I then repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache.

My machine will not boot anymore. (Luckily I have a bootable 10.12.4 backup...)

Left more details and attached efi & IOReg in the "[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof" thread as it seemed more appropriate.

ANy and all help appreciated.
Let me know if you figure it out. I'm also using an NVMe drive and your post is scaring me away from updating (although I'm not using the HackrNVME kext - I'm using the Rehabman alternative)

Let me know if you figure it out. I'm also using an NVMe drive and your post is scaring me away from updating (although I'm not using the HackrNVME kext - I'm using the Rehabman alternative)

If you follow the HackrNVMe instructions carefully (and as written), it works.
If you do it incorrectly as @Lensjocky, you will have troubles.

Hi, I just installed 12.5 update, now it gives me bootloop. I installed Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext using kext utility before the update.

Deskmini 110W
i3-6100
Clover 4061
16gb DDR4 2133
Toshiba 256GB Nvme SSD
DW1560 BCM94352Z WIFI&Bluetooth

I attached -v -x screenshot
I am update Clover from 4035 to 4061, and my mac os 10.12.4 do not loaded!! I am install Clover 4076 and update to 10.12.5

Straight forward update via app store :clap: trim audio all working, no patching required.

Hell
Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Sierra functions, like audio and the nVidia Web drivers. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, Titans 'Maxwell' and GTX 10x0 "Pascal" graphics cards, you'll need to install the nVidia 10.12.5 Web driver(s) after the 10.12.5 update; when the drivers are updated, the link available in Post #1.

- For M.2 NVMe SSD owners, you will need to update the HackrNVMeFamily kext with RehabMan's patcher script and installation instructions. See his Post here.

- For those who are using the MacPro6,1, iMac15,1, or iMac17,1 system definitions may need to re-apply the black screen fix. Thanks to pantrychef who pointed this out in Post #14. Update: see pastrychef's post on the need to wait for the updates of the Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

- For users of on-board graphics, see tonymacx86's Post #6 in this thread for updates as 10.12.5 breaks HD5xx and HD6xx.

Update Procedure(s)

Here's the step by step way to update for those who aren't using the nVidia Maxwell graphics cards. For Nvidia Maxwell card users, see below
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.5 - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting into Sierra, you can:
:ch: Check to see if your audio is working (If you enabled Realtek on-board audio using the latest MultiBeast for Sierra or toleda's CloverALC120 script, your audio should be OK),
:ch: (Optional) Check to see if your TRIM setting has survived through the update (About this Mac > System > System Report > NVMExpress or SATA/SATA Express) - if not, use the "trimforce" Terminal command (1); if you've used the "trimforce" command in El Capitan, then it should "survive" the update, but check to make sure; and
:ch:Re-boot​
:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) You will need to update using RehabMan's patcher script for 10.12.5. See the installation instructions and this Post here.​

For Nvidia Maxwell graphic cards users (see 2nd and 3rd note above), you'll need to do the following:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the Software Update or use the MAS update;
:ch: Run the Sierra 10.12.4 Mac App Store Update - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting, the Nvidia driver will prompt you to update to the latest driver and reboot when its completed it's installation;
:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) Update your HackrNVMeFamily kext with RehabMan's patch-nvme. See this Post here.​

Please post help requests in the Sierra Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

1 Use the new Terminal trimforce command in the following manner:
Code:
sudo trimforce enable
just installed 10.12.4 barely a week back, that too it was a tradeoff between a new pascal card and losing my native usb3capabilities (worked fine in 10.10.5). If this new update breaks pascal, then it's a no go. will stick to 12.4 as long as the ageing hardware works. As it is my record is 2 years for sticking with Yosemite.

Last edited:
Hell

just installed 10.12.4 barely a week back, that too it was a tradeoff between a new pascal card and losing my native usb3capabilities (worked fine in 10.10.5). If this new update breaks pascal, then it's a no go. will stick to 12.4 as long as required.
New Pascal drivers were posted ~11:50pm Eastern Time (USA) last night. Update to 10.12.5, and, when you reboot, the Nvidia panel will pop up and ask you to update your drivers. :thumbup:

New Pascal drivers were posted ~11:50pm Eastern Time (USA) last night. Update to 10.12.5, and, when you reboot, the Nvidia panel will pop up and ask you to update your drivers. :thumbup:
Are we sure about this, almost lost my sierra today owing to a windows 10 install. I don't have to fiddle with clover config on this?

Faultless update, as usual. Pleased nVidia reacted in so timely a manner as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back