Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pascal drivers were posted ~11:50pm Eastern Time (USA) last night. Update to 10.12.5, and, when you reboot, the Nvidia panel will pop up and ask you to update your drivers. :thumbup:
Are we sure about this, almost lost my sierra today owing to a windows 10 install. I don't have to fiddle with clover config on this?
Yes, I just update Gene using this method. See also other posts in thread previously to this post.

Last edited:
Intel HD 5xx/6xx Graphics (Skylake & Kabylake) users:

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot. If you can't boot to desktop after updating, uncheck Inject Intel in Clover boot menu under Options/Graphics Injector/Inject Intel:

When you reach the desktop, install the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:

Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

You may also install the kexts before you update. The addition of these kexts should allow you to boot- we are looking into using Clover's KextstoPatch for a permanent solution.

Please post a reply if this has/hasn't worked for your system. :thumbup:

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3#entry2418219

Yeah. Black display after the update. No HDMI audio either. Fortunately, the remote desktop via VNC, AKA, Screen Sharing still works so I was able to install the workaround remotely. In fact I was able to see the progress bar of the update . Going forward for the permanent fix. Enabling remote desktop is always a good idea.

Upgraded to 10.12.5 from the Combo Update and everything works beautifully. I ran the NVidia Web Drivers update as soon as the upgrade is completed.

TRIM, Audio (CloverALC), USB3, etc. just work.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.46.16 AM.png

Last edited:
Lots of Nvidia help on this thread which I will surely be using. Thanks to all!!!!!

I just updated one of my machines that has an Asus AMD 5450 video card to 10.12.5 and now I have no more graphics acceleration. Everything was working fine with 10.12.4 with AMD5000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX3000.kext and an edited config.plist. I have attached those files. Any ideas on how to get it working again with 10.12.5?

I did notice in the 1st post on this thread it said Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers. I'm assuming when they say updated AMD drivers they are not including the 5450.

Computer is a Dell Precision T1500, i7-880/P55

Attachments

• AMD5000Controller.kext.zip
    474.5 KB · Views: 107
  • AMDRadeonX3000.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
  • config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Warning IOGEAR usb bluetooth users, updating seems to have messed up my device, I can't connect to my PS4 controller or apple Magic Trackpad!
I have one, works fine in 12.4. connects to apple h/w without problems. So I'll hold on my update till this issue has some sort of a resolution, am a little wary even since I lost my etron usb3 during the sierra update.

Succes update SMBIOS 17.1:)

1º Download driver nvidia
2º Download AGDPfix 1.3 Thanks @shilohh
3º Install update from AppStore
4º Reboot with nv_disable=1
5º Disable SIP (0x67), if you have.
Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely
6º Install driver
7º Reboot with nv_disable=1
8º Install AGDPfix 1.3 Thanks @shilohh again.
9º Restore SIP (0x3)
10º Reboot.
Done

Steps I follow, do in your way, beware, make backup (Murphy's law)

Thx. all community:clap:

EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi
i7-4790k
GTX980
System definition 16,2

10.12.4 -> 10.12.5 via App Store
Reboot without GPU acceleration
Auto update through nVidia in system panel
Boot into blackscreen after apple loading bar.
Boot with nv_disable=1 in boot arg, added manually.
Throw NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext with the newest Lilu.kext into Clover/kext/10.12 and reboot
Everything works including HDMI/DP audio by toleda's SSDT script.

Have inject intel checked tho I am not using HD4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back