Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile you can set the NVDARequiredOS tag in the /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 16D32. Reboot.
Works like a charm.
couldn't find any S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext :(

couldn't find any S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext

So changing the build version in the NVDAStartupWeb.kext didn't work for me. So I came up with other idea to do.

I changed the ProductBuildVersion key in the /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist to 16C67 (which is 10.12.2)
and everything works now. I will clearly change it back to 16D32 when the WebDrivers drop.

Just a heads up for those who can't find a solution like I did.

1. Copy NVDAStartupWeb.kext to desktop
    1. Open Finder and Shift+Command+G
    2. Type “/System/Library/Extension”
    3. Drag and Drop NVDAStartupWeb.kext to desktop
  2. Open info.plist
    1. Right click NVDAStartupWeb.kext and select “Show Package Contents”
    2. Right click info.plist and select open with PlistEditPro [or your favorite plist editor]
  3. Edit Required OS version
    1. Expand (i.e., click triangle in front of) IOSKitPersonalities
    2. Expand NVDAStartup
    3. Right click NVDARequiredOS and select “Edit Value”
    4. Enter value: 16D32
    5. Save and exit
  4. Install kext
    1. Dragging and dropping it back to /System/Library/Extension or trying to replace existing copy will probably give you an error; so…
    2. Delete old copy of NVDAStartupWeb.kext in /System/Library/Extension
    3. Run KextBeast (which will install any kexts it finds lying around on your desktop) and check /System/Library/Extension box and follow prompts to install
  5. Reboot
Ran Heaven graphics benchmark program and acceleration seems to work fine--but most importantly, can use proper resolution on monitor. Also, all 4gb of memory on GTX970 reported. Note: If the two apps referenced above are not on your system already from having followed an install guide, kextBeast can be downloaded from this site, and PlistEditPro from internet. You can find kextBeast on your system by Command+[space bar] and type kextBeast.
TNX a LOT!!!!! worked like a charm :D

Sorry to disturb but is this upgrade important for a hackintosh-desktop?
Important because it fixes bugs. This .3 update is the one we've been waiting for although .4 will be better.

Guys,

my hackintosh doesn't install this update, when I click reboot it shows the apple logo for 2 seconds and then reboots...

Any idea what is causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back