Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile you can set the NVDARequiredOS tag in the /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 16D32. Reboot.
Works like a charm.
Can anybody tell me how to do this? I mean every step, explain to me like Ii'm an idiot. I don't know what this is and where to find this.

did you use tip "quick guide to generate ssdt for cpu powermanagement"?
thanks for telling me that.
my system definitions are correct but when i execute commands in terminal it says unknown processor model.
i have i5-6600 which is the same in the 2015 27inch i-mac.

How to fix please help

Meanwhile you can set the NVDARequiredOS tag in the /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 16D32. Reboot.
Works like a charm.
While this hack enables the 10.12.2 driver for 10.12.3 it doesn't really work. My monitors are no longer recognized (so it works only on one with weird colors) and the graphics card is not recognized either (got the same 7GB RAM etc. description, which is wrong). Alternatives? Probably wait for the upgraded driver. Lesson: don't upgrade until everybody says it's ok. My fault.

Is there a beta? I couldn't find one.

Also curious. How come no one recommends nvidia driver updater app (1.5)?
Type in your build and click one button - it does the patching for you.

Works like a charm.

hmmm I don't seem to have this kext in System/Library/Extensions , am I looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 14.19.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 14.19.11.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 289
Works like a charm.
This didn't work for me... graphics are still not accelerated. Anyone else having the same problem?

Meanwhile you can set the NVDARequiredOS tag in the /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 16D32. Reboot. Works like a charm.

After that I had to enable the Driver in the "NVIDIA Driver Manager" in the Taskbar/System settings to make it work again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back