Contribute
Register

Mac Pro replica (late 2013) - low power design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you are great! I mean - with the same TDP I will get faster clock speed, better graphic, price is +- the same and it is maybe even more available than my previous choice.
Is it the new one or what? I didn´t notice this one during my research on processors.
Thx again! :D

Edit: second look - the availability isn´t that great as I´ve thought, but we will see...

Man you are great! I mean - with the same TDP I will get faster clock speed, better graphic, price is +- the same and it is maybe even more available than my previous choice.
Is it the new one or what? I didn´t notice this one during my research on processors.
Thx again! :D

Edit: second look - the availability isn´t that great as I´ve thought, but we will see...

The 4330T is OEM only no retail version. You may need to
get it by ordering and waiting a few weeks for it.

Thank you for the links guys, but right now I don´t want to pay anything using €,as the CZK - EUR exchange rate is so bad these days, making it much more expensive. I would love to see this processor as a normal "shelf" product with a normal availability, this sucks...

Anyway, I am thinking about CPU cooler. Base on my experience with laptops, 35W is almost nothing and it should be easy to cool it. I was thinking maybe it could be possible to cool it passively. Well, kind of semi-passively, there is still the one 12 cm fan on the bottom, so i think airflow will be sufficient. I´m not sure how big CPU cooler will actually fit in, but i was thinking maybe SCYTHE Big Shuriken 2 without the fan will do the job (kind of pricey job, though). It is not like I´m thinking that CPU cooler would be too noisy. I just don´t want to block the down-up airflow with non-directed CPU fan. Does anybody have the experience with passive cooling of the 35W TDP?

I´m not sure how big CPU cooler will actually fit in, but i was thinking maybe SCYTHE Big Shuriken 2 without the fan will do the job (kind of pricey job, though). It is not like I´m thinking that CPU cooler would be too noisy. I just don´t want to block the down-up airflow with non-directed CPU fan. Does anybody have the experience with passive cooling of the 35W TDP?

I put the Scythe into the drawing I did, and it looks like it won't fit without pushing the logic board pretty far out back.

ScythCooler.jpg

At least this is with the Gigabyte motherboard. The asrock may have the CPU more toward the center.

I put the Scythe into the drawing I did, and it looks like it won't fit without pushing the logic board pretty far out back.

View attachment 82693

At least this is with the Gigabyte motherboard. The asrock may have the CPU more toward the center.

Wow, didn´t realize how much limited the space actually is. But I should be OK without the fan, but I am still not sure if the passive cooling will be enough... Also, some inner spac can be achive by using sandpaper inside, i can imagine getting 2mm with that on both sides easily.

Thank you for the info guys. But this is really confusing for me, what is the problem with the HD4400? Are we talking about HD4400 + Mac OS or about HD4400 in general? Because so far I am pretty satisfied with intel´s HD line- HD5000 in my GF´s MBA and HD4000 in my ultrabook are doing just fine...

Mr. Target to be honest, after seeing those first pictures i was like " OMG you are ruining the bin, no, don't do that !" but i must admit the final result is awesome especially the bottom intake, great job!

Regarding your concern with passive cooling, i think you shouldn't be worried. I am currently waiting for my bin, extenders and some other parts from ebay, but i have build the main chassis and i am cooling my cpu passively ( i3-2120 - 65W), i use a copper sk 771 server heatsink adapted for sk 1155 ( you have a drilling machine and good drilling skills, i think you could do it) and whilst light playing i get around 44-45C without Arctic Silver grease, in fact without much thermal grease at all because i kept adjusting the heatsink so i lost most of it. I will send you a pic when i get home, maybe it will give you a better idea. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back