Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweaking will definitely need to be done on mine. Nvidia Fermi cards seem to be benchmarking a whole lot less (around 25%) on Cinescore, and won't even run on Luxmark. I'm not convinced that OpenCL is still working. My Cinescore before was 46.22, and now it's 35.90. Big drop in performance.

I can't boot the HD... found 2 problems..

1. Chimera won't boot like usual, it just stays "Loading Operating System" so i tried to boot it with UniBeast
2. it says can't find mach_kernel

help pleaseee :s

Specs:
Gigabyte P55-US3L
Intel Core i7-870 @ 2.93Ghz (not overclocked)
16GB of RAM
3 x 1TB hard drive (all MBR, Lion is installed on MBR)
Graphics are probably irrelevant at this stage..

anomkusumonegoro said:

1. Chimera won't boot like usual, it just stays "Loading Operating System" so i tried to boot it with UniBeast

Specs:
Gigabyte P55-US3L
16GB of RAM

Did you make a backup? Unibeast should boot you to the Chimera boot loader.

I have asus g72gx and did the update by downloading to my laptop first. I had the kernel panic and saw it replaced my sleepenabler file. Once I deleted the new sleepenabler kext and replaced with the one I was using for 10.7.2. it booted ok ;but it now says I have no wireless device installed and I cannot turn it on at all. Any fixes on that so far?

To delete it I used my other laptop and put the drive in the 2nd bay for my other laptop which is also running 10.7.2.

I did run the multibeast after and did the normal sys/utility deal. The wireless device not found has been my only issue so far.
I am using ethernet cable until I can get wireless fixed.

tamorgen said:
anomkusumonegoro said:

Specs:
Gigabyte P55-US3L
16GB of RAM

Did you make a backup? Unibeast should boot you to the Chimera boot loader.

the weird thing is it doesn't.. it doesn't even boot the usb (I've checked with the BIOS and everything.. it should boot). i copied the mach_kernel from a macbook running 10.7.3 hoping that it'll boot again.

the attempt didn't work.. and i let my computer to rest.. the weird thing is, an hour later i was curious and tried to boot it up again, it started.. showing everything is in shape..

the only thing missing is the graphics.. i can't change the resolution, stuck in 1024.768 although the graphics are identified properly in the system information, weird.. this is the hardest update I've ever done for a mac (or a hacintosh in this case)

1. Backed up
2. Ran "Software Update"
3. Rebooted, system came back up without working audio
4. Ran MultiBeast 4.2.1, selected "System Utilities," "ALC8xxHDA" and "AppleHDA Rollback"
5. Rebooted, system came back up with working audio

Good to go! :thumbup:

(system specs in profile)

Just Installed Update using Software Update
on following setup

1. Asus Ramapage IV Extreme
2. Intel i7-X3930K
3. Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
4. 32 GB RAM
5. Kingston HyperX 240 GB

1. Updated using software update

Working
1. LAN
2. Graphics (without any additional kexts)

Not Working
1. Audio

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-05 at 1.36.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-05 at 1.36.26 AM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 353
gimpyviper said:
Just thought I'd add my $0.02 - Updated my Z68XP-UD3 + Radeon HD 6870 via Apple Software Update (after backing up like crazy of course) worked flawlessly, no tweaking required.

Ok I lied, had to use MultiBeast to roll back and reinstall audio kexts. But other than that so far no problems.

Worked just fine for me! Had to re-edit my graphics kexts to get my GTX460 running again, but that was expected. Done via Software Update.

FYI, Cinebench graphics score went down ~1-2 fps (to about 40 fps), but my Geekbench score went up about 600 points. Stock settings, no overclocking.

Edit: Also had to re-enable TRIM on my SSD (via MultiBeast 4.2.1)

So I've been updating from 10.7, all the way to 10.7.2 via combo updates all this time without any trouble, KPs, or hangs. But after the 10.7.3 update, in verbose mode, I get a repeating "invalid sandbox profile for pid XX (regex error)" messaging.

This repeats over and over and the system never continues booting. The PIDs keep counting up, and the error continues forever.

I don't get a KP, or anything.

Anyone have any ideas what can cause an "invalid sandbox profile for pid xx" ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back