Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

I'm a n00b so i guess i will wait and just keep on reading....

cybergeek20212021 said:
I'm getting a kernel panic on boot. In the background it says a lot about IOUSBDevice and com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite(4.5.8). I've tried unplugging all USB devices, including the internal card reader, aside from a generic HID compliant USB keyboard. Safe boot doesn't work.
I tried replacing the Kext with one from a Time Machine backup and it worked. :) Hopefully if someone else is having the same issue, this will help them out.

Has anyone with a GTX580 tried this yet? Sure would appreciate some input and guidance if anyone has done it.

TIA

Rick

Just done a fresh install using UniBeast. Went into 'software update' and noticed 10.7.3. Gave it a shot as it's only take me 20 minutes to reinstall new fresh version.

Boots fine into 10.7.3 using the UniBeast stick as a bootloader. Now to get tinkering and fix my system up! :D

Just updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 successfully - everything seems to work perfectly.
My steps

Step 1 - Create Backup on dedicated internal drive
Step 2 - Create 2nd Backup on External drive (have lost a backup HDD at this critical point before)
Step 3 - Download Combo update.
Step 4 - Run Combo update
Step 5 - Run Multibeast, System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback
Step 6 - Reboot
Step 7 - Check for any updates from Apple or Others e.g. Software Update and Adobe
Update - in this instance 2 updates for Adobe CS5.5 - might be a coincidence or
might be they are specifically triggered by Mac OS being at level 10.7.3.

Step 8 - Install Adobe updates and reboot.
Step 9 - Run Permissions Repair
Step 10- Say Thank you to tonymacx86 :) :thumbup: :thumbup: :headbang: :headbang:

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

Updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 successfully via Software update, everything seems to work perfectly!!! The update takes about 10 min.

Just installed with Lynx kext, no KP but lost network connection and sound. Network was recovered by deleting RealtekRTL81XX.kext then installing official Realtek driver with MultiBeast. To get sound back, just reinstall the new AppleHDA.

Currently cloning my hardrive, will try 10.7.3 later or tomorrow morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back