Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

First of all, as it is my first post, a warm welcome to everyone :)

Thanks to all you guys I have nice and shiny hackintosh running Lion 10.7.3! This forum is in my opinion the best source of knowledge about hackintosh in the whole holy internet :) Actually all my installations and updates went without major problems thanks to you. But let's get to the point.

I updated to 10.7.3 online - just like 10.7 -> 10.7.1 -> 10.7.2. Everything went smooth as butter. The only thing I had to do was to rollback AppleHDA from MultiBeast.

My hardware: Z68X-UD3-B3, i7 2600K, 8GB, 9800GTX, Home made apple WIFI and Bluetooth modules

1. Download 10.7.3 client update
2. Install update
3. Reinstall AppleHDA.kext from Toleda
4. Reboot

Post install
Loose Trackpad connection, need to reconnect.
I used Firefox 10, I don't know much about Safari update 5.1.3

Have fun :headbang:

Just updated, didn't make any backups or anything (have nothing important on my current installation, not even sound installed yet), as expected I had re-edit the ATI kexts for my ATI4650, but then it booted and seems to work fine. Used normal software update. Well, haven't tested much yet. Apparently I have to go to bed now.

Installed from combo update, working fine.

Dewitts said:
xequtor said:
kernel panic, cant boot
replace appleintellpowermanagement.kext from your old install
You did make a back up 1st right????

no, did not cuz my reinstall 10.7, could not boot to OSX, Win7 or Ubuntu after Ubuntu install in 3rd partition, after Win7 install and HP Installer rerun did work but not after Ubuntu install

What about sleepenabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext? Is sleep working on 10.7.3?

xequtor said:
here the panic screen
It's your RealtekRTL81XX.kext so please try to remove that one, or at least try to boot in safe mode with -x at boot. Alternatively disable onboard ethernet and see if you can boot like that!

P.S.: So it's Lynx fault...I guess he won't be happy to hear that 10.7.3 broke his kext. :(

shibirian said:
xequtor said:
here the panic screen
It's your RealtekRTL81XX.kext so please try to remove that one, or at least try to boot in safe mode with -x at boot. Alternatively disable onboard ethernet and see if you can boot like that!

P.S.: So it's Lynx fault...I guess he won't be happy to hear that 10.7.3 broke his kext. :(

damn, I already started to reinstall OSX

xequtor said:
shibirian said:
xequtor said:
here the panic screen

damn, I already started to reinstall OSX
Crap. I was too late. :( :( :(

Can't get NVDAGF100Hal.kext to load even despite adding the device ID in the info.plist.

So resolution is stuck at 1600x1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back