Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosto said:
I have the same problem. I had to do a clean install to get rid of it. I know there is a script that will deactivate all server files on Lion but it will not remove them and you can also have your system show up as Lion instead of Lion server but I didn't want to get into that. I don't have the site listed in my history browsing anymore since I am running on a clean Lion install, sorry!

Thanks, I was digging around & found the script & more info. I guess I'll just live with it. Not that big of a deal I suppose, compared to a rebuild.

for those who had to switch from efi strings to NVEnaber to fix graphic using this method, just keep in mind possible issues with app store and icloud log in (in case you applied combined efi string for graphics and ethernet earlier).
i generated efi string for ethernet only to fix log in troubles and got rid of nvenabler (don't like this method) with integrated into DSDT video params.

btw, after updating bootloader to chimera i could not change active partition to windows (i use easybcd to multiboot) with fdisk, so installed recent version of chameleon instead.

cheers

Seems like all Fermi cards are having problems due to changed IDs.

Does anybody have a list of Fermi cards with their new corresponding device IDs?

beland said:
for those who had to switch from efi strings to NVEnaber to fix graphic using this method, just keep in mind possible issues with app store and icloud log in (in case you applied combined efi string for graphics and ethernet earlier).
i generated efi string for ethernet only to fix log in troubles and got rid of nvenabler (don't like this method) with integrated into DSDT video params.

btw, after updating bootloader to chimera i could not change active partition to windows (i use easybcd to multiboot) with fdisk, so installed recent version of chameleon instead.

cheers

You may want to check the method in my signature fo App store Login issues.
I have removed my EFI Strings (GPU+NIC)
For GPU - NVEnabler.kext does the job for me
For NIC - Latest Lnx2Mac Network driver and Ethernet Built-in (Yes) does the same job like EFI strings. No problems on login to App Store and iCloud
For iCloud - Using latest chameleon v1618 (FaceTime and iCloud fix)

mrm43 said:
knizmi said:
To all with non-working iCloud.

I was first using the newest Chameleon, and at first I bumped into the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" problem. So I switched to Chimera and rebooted.

After switching to Chimera I received the "Account Limit Reached - This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID."

I thought that there has to be a way how Apple identifies your computer, so I used the Chameleon wizard to generate a new smbios with an actual week of manufacture, unique number and a serial. This is what worked for me and now I am enjoying all the benefits of iCloud :)

Hi, this worked for me. iCloud and FaceTime now works. appstore was already working prior to this fix.
specs:
core 2 quad, p5kpl-am se, 4 gb ddr2, 8800 gt, sound blaster audigy platinum ex.

Quick question. After you create your new smbios, do you replace the old one, or just append the new information?

Updated with combo update, everything works fine I only had to reinstall audio.

Although, can't set up iCloud account... hope you will figure it out guys...

edit: made it through iCloud setup, following chameleon wizard SMbios modification :p thanx guys...

No issues for me, i installed using software update (download speed was MUCH faster, 7 mins to dload) rebooted, ran MB to reinstall audio and that was it. (for some reason after an update i have to install ALL audio patches, not just applehda.kext)

Installed today successfully. Only I had to reinstall sound. Thank you Tony!

is there support for new Ati graphics card?

Everytime i start with Rboot, it installs the Ethernetdriver by itself, so i cant use the Appstore or Icloud

Any Solution for that?

I´ve got a 8111e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back