Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
marksest said:
Did the combo update from 10.6.6 because the new Final Cut needs at least 10.6.7. When I boot after update I get the apple logo for a few seconds then no signal to my monitor. Same thing happens in verbose and single user mode, everything's normal then sudden black. Apparently same thing with the Snow Leopard disk too, although I have 8 gigs of ram installed so that may be it. Help?

EDIT: iBoot results in the same problem.

Did you try "PCIrootUID=1" as bootflag?

Say Heading said:
marksest said:
Did the combo update from 10.6.6 because the new Final Cut needs at least 10.6.7. When I boot after update I get the apple logo for a few seconds then no signal to my monitor. Same thing happens in verbose and single user mode, everything's normal then sudden black. Apparently same thing with the Snow Leopard disk too, although I have 8 gigs of ram installed so that may be it. Help?

hes got the same issues im having and he has the same 5770 gpu. i can guarantee the pciroot method nor safe mode will work.

Say Heading said:
marksest said:

Yes, same result.

Updated, but works only with DSDT=No.

When I tried boot with DSDT stuck at "PCI configuration Being", no KP, no Error just apple logo and nothing more.

seb235 said:
Updated, but works only with DSDT=No.

When I tried boot with DSDT stuck at "PCI configuration Being", no KP, no Error just apple logo and nothing more.

so what command do i enter at boot then? id like to try this.

Say Heading said:
tonymacx86 said:
Apple has released 10.6.8!

Please post all of your feedback on 10.6.8 on desktop hardware in this thread.

Installation failed on Z68X-UD7-B3 with DSDT from database.

After running the installer continued with the required reboot.
During the following updating process (progress bar quite close to the end, status info "aktualisierte Komponenten registrieren" (register updated components?)) a kernel panic occured (falling curtain).

Following reboot failed and caused prompt reboot after reaching the grey apple logo.

Tried with -x -v and could log in, but immediately thereafter another kernel panic.
See attached picture for details.

UPDATE:

Strange enough, just tried another reboot and it worked fine?!?
Will reinstall Audio and continue testing...

UPDATE II:

Serial ATA Intel Chipsets recognized.
Could not test 6 Gigabit speed yet, but looks promising...

UPDATE III:

Audio reinstalled as well as trim enabler. Seems to be stable.

i had the exact same issue and audio didnt work. what did you do to make it work? i tried installing just audio kexts from multibeast and that didnt work, so i tried deleting my extras folder and reinstalling the my .aml file and that didnt fix the audio either. everything else works fine still.

i have a z68a-d3-b3

freedom35 said:
singh99 said:
fixxxer2012 said:
I cannot boot into osx at all. Even with iboot. Am i screwed here?

ALWAYS clone a working system to another partition, hard drive or thumb drive before doing any update.

Hey Singh99, About to try the update. It's safe to clone my working drive via Time Machine? A full backup, and if anything fails, I can always pop in the OSX Leopard install disk and run time machine there for a full BU of my working drive?

Thanks in advance.

I've never used time machine. But as far as I know, that's as valid as anything else. Carbon Copy Cloner has worked well for me.

Say Heading said:
freedom35 said:
It's safe to clone my working drive via Time Machine? A full backup, and if anything fails, I can always pop in the OSX Leopard install disk and run time machine there for a full BU of my working drive?

I think I remember that a time machine backup could cause trouble.
Personally I prefer to use stuff like carbon copy cloner or superduper.

Awesome, Thank you for your input. I will try out Carbon Copy, looks nice and free as well.

Then it's time for the UPDATE!

so i guess my question is for the several of us who cannot boot into osx even with iboot is there anything we can do? or is a re-install the only way?

it doesn't make sense that we cannot even use safe mode to boot. maybe this has something do do with multibeast and the ati drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back