Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
singh99 said:
fixxxer2012 said:
I cannot boot into osx at all. Even with iboot. Am i screwed here?

ALWAYS clone a working system to another partition, hard drive or thumb drive before doing any update.

Hey Singh99, About to try the update. It's safe to clone my working drive via Time Machine? A full backup, and if anything fails, I can always pop in the OSX Leopard install disk and run time machine there for a full BU of my working drive?

Thanks in advance.

assoricks said:
I just updated to 10.6.8 and os x won't start.
I tried -x -v -s .
It stucks at [PCI Configuration begin] .
I used NVEnabler to get video working in 64-bit .
Deleting that kext didn't work either.

What can I do now, beside rolling back to my latest time machine backup?

assoricks :cry:

PS : My build : http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 77#p146377

same issues as me, cannot even get into osx with iboot. hopefully this can be resolved without a total reinstall. if soo ill wait for lion to be supported on here. GOD windows sucks!

MacMan said:
_Alvaro_ said:
So, should HD2000 work correctly (QE/CI) with this update?
No, as there is no code in Chimera/Chameleon to support it.

Thank you very much
will Chimera be updated with this graphic?

Or at the other side, which ATI 6xxx graphic is fully compatible? any? I'm so noob, still building my rig...

Best regards and sorry for so many questions :oops:

Say Heading said:
assoricks said:
What can I do now, beside rolling back to my latest time machine backup?

Maybe for you also: Try a second or third reboot without any bootflag. Otherwise...

he's in the same boat as me, ive tried everything. didn't really think this update would hose the system.

Did the combo update from 10.6.6 because the new Final Cut needs at least 10.6.7. When I boot after update I get the apple logo for a few seconds then no signal to my monitor. Same thing happens in verbose and single user mode, everything's normal then sudden black. Apparently same thing with the Snow Leopard disk too, although I have 8 gigs of ram installed so that may be it. Help?

EDIT: iBoot results in the same problem.

So does this mean an XFX 6970 should now work?

freedom35 said:
It's safe to clone my working drive via Time Machine? A full backup, and if anything fails, I can always pop in the OSX Leopard install disk and run time machine there for a full BU of my working drive?

I think I remember that a time machine backup could cause trouble.
Personally I prefer to use stuff like carbon copy cloner or superduper.

marksest said:
Did the combo update from 10.6.6 because the new Final Cut needs at least 10.6.7. When I boot after update I get the apple logo for a few seconds then no signal to my monitor. Same thing happens in verbose and single user mode, everything's normal then sudden black. Apparently same thing with the Snow Leopard disk too, although I have 8 gigs of ram installed so that may be it. Help?

i also have 8gb of ram but im thinking this may be a gpu issue im having.

marksest said:

EDIT: iBoot results in the same problem.

maybe iboot needs to be updated? same issues im having man. i also see you have the same gpu as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back