Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eelhead said:
fixxxer2012 said:
Well back to windows then until lion hits.
did you use iBoot to get into it?
Yup wont let me i get panics or non stop spinning. Tried -x and pcirootuid also. No dice.

So, should HD2000 work correctly (QE/CI) with this update?

fixxxer2012 said:
eelhead said:
fixxxer2012 said:
Well back to windows then until lion hits.
did you use iBoot to get into it?
Yup wont let me i get panics or non stop spinning. Tried -x and pcirootuid also. No dice.

Just to make shure:
After your first boot attempt directly after installation failed, your next boot into safe mode failed. Then you tried with iBoot directly, unsuccessfully?
On my system the second boot without bootflags was successful. Did you just give it a second chance? Maybe there's something the updater has to complete which it can't when booting into safe mode ?!?

[/quote]

Just to make shure:
After your first boot attempt directly after installation failed, your next boot into safe mode failed. Then you tried with iBoot directly, unsuccessfully?
On my system the second boot without bootflags was successful. Did you just give it a second chance? Maybe there's something the updater has to complete which it can't when booting into safe mode ?!?[/quote][/quote]

yes i waited over 5 minuted before trying to use iboot. how long did your take to load up?

Say Heading said:
Just to make shure
On my system the second boot without bootflags was successful. Did you just give it a second chance? Maybe there's something the updater has to complete which it can't when booting into safe mode ?!?
Yeah that's what I did. My first restart was a KP and all I did was restart like normal.
I didn't add nothing at the chameleon screen because sometimes it needs a second restart just to get things spinning I think lol

_Alvaro_ said:
So, should HD2000 work correctly (QE/CI) with this update?
No, as there is no code in Chimera/Chameleon to support it.

I think its hosed no idea why. All of my specs are compatible too. This is why i hate updates. Ill wait till lion to reinstall. Too bad as i had a fully working system for 4 months now.

I just updated to 10.6.8 and os x won't start.
I tried -x -v -s .
It stucks at [PCI Configuration begin] .
I used NVEnabler to get video working in 64-bit .
Deleting that kext didn't work either.

What can I do now, beside rolling back to my latest time machine backup?

assoricks :cry:

PS : My build : http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 77#p146377

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back