Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, update from the Netherlands ;-)...

Got i N-(ice apple crash theme upon restart using the automatic update.
"Kernel not compatible with CPU bla bla" will post exact sentence.

Running Core2Duo on a Intel 945 chipset (Original Intel Desktop board).

Keep you posted. Booted back from CD no problems....

So will try to repair the issue with removing some kexts to see
if it's a compatibility issue.

Keep you posted
Walter

Downloaded the installer via Apple's website. Everything went fine except for sound but I just had to do the HDArolldback through multibeast.

Oke, update from previous post.

Removed SleepEnabler.kext from extensions in both Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions. Reboot and we are Up. As stated
on this website it's a version issue. So just have to week for another 'sleeper' :)

Walter

Downloaded and ran the update that appears in SU. Ran repair caches/extensions before and after. No issues, no loss of any functionality.

no Problems here

New Ati Driver Kexts included in the Update...so i had to add my HD5750 Device ID again in Ati5000Controller.kext

Update through SOFTWARE UPDATE, reboot and everything looks fine!!! (Audio, network, USB, Video, etc)

The update worked perfect for me. Not a thing went wrong. I feel like I'm running a legit Mac Pro :)

Used software update and had no problems (other than my first boot didn't work... But I restarted and everything worked).

GA-EX58-UD4P, i7-950, GeForce 9800GT

Installed 10.6.6 via Software Update. Everything that worked earlier works now. Still have an issue with microphone but it was under 10.6.5 also.
And I really like the App Store including that funny animation when a purchased app jumps from the store to the dock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back